• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Did I "get him"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for the record I never even asked him to take the gun back. I simply wanted to know what the coating was. If it wasn't a quality coating I planned on stripping it and trying Cerakote on it. I've been wanting to try Cerakote anyway. I wasn't happy about the fact that the coating wasn't disclosed up front, but never asked, nor wanted him to trade back. Just sayin'...

Glad we got the other side of the story. You sound like a good guy! :)

Are "as new" and "like new" the same thing? You say you did not list it "as new". THat is correct. You listed it as "Like new Sig Sauer P2022 in .40 and .357 calibers."

I don't think he should have considered it a new gun. And he did an inspection before making purchase. So, unless there are mechanical issues that could not be detected in a field strip and visual inspection, I would say you did not "get him".

Wow. Last sale I tried I ran into a really weird situation as well. The deal didn't go through. In your case, your not in the wrong.

Okay, this one's a bit touchy.

First off you listed it as like new when actually you were the 2nd owner with an unknown round count not just the 20. Really not a big deal there, as the visual inspection of the gun constitutes the condition as is during the transaction. If you don't like what you see when you go to actually make the transaction then don't buy it.

So they guy bought the gun after visually inspecting it at the point of sale. I don't know about you but inspecting a gun meeting someone somewhere doesn't always catch the small things you may see later... But these points are on the buyer.

Now the other part, the gun was cerakoted. Which does indicate more wear than LNIB would indicate. I'm a fan of cerakote if done right. But when buying a gun I would expect this to be disclosed. If the seller had not seen or owned a cerakoted pistol before he may not have known what it looks like and realized it, plus he does not know if a reputable gunsmith did the cerakote job. There is a difference between the standard cerakote and the baked on cerakote which is supposed to be more durable. Personally I would want to know who cerakoted it, if it was oven coated, and know it was done by a reputable gunsmith.

So when he got home and cleans the gun and checks it on further inspection he finds this out after the fact. I can understand his being upset here. However the fact is he inspected the gun but hindsight is now finding something to his dissatisfaction.

So at this point you as the seller you have to decide how you want to handle the situation in good conscious. Personally if someone came back to me after I sold a pistol and I learned of this and the dissatisfaction I would probably try to do something to make it right with that person. Perhaps offer him some cash back, other incentive to make it right with him or offer to take the pistol back then re list it on the ODT with full disclosure of new learned facts.

To add to this we now have this thread which everyone now knows of the situation and each person will have an opinion good or bad as to how the situation is handled and the integrity of the seller.

Personally, IMO I would try to make it right with the guy to make him happy and show that I am a stand up trustworthy guy. That's just me though.

Look bothsides were heard and it seems like it was big misunderstanding.
This is the issue with the LNIB hype we have all put on guns at one point or another
Its never really been a big issue to me cuz LNIB regardless is used to me used or new doesnt really matter as long as it functions properly
Point being someone got butthurt (which side? who can say? maybe both?) it happens move on guys and let it go both sides are happy no point in grudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom