• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Did the 25 degree temperature affect your truck gun today?

There is always a gun in my truck.If I lived in a populated location where I had to park on the street or in a parking lot or even my driveway near the street I probably would not leave a gun in my vehicle for the above mentioned reasons. However being out in the country,at the end of a road,up in the woods,with a yard full of rottweillers...I really don't mind leaving one. It might be a Glock,HK,Sig,FN,AK,or even a Mossberg I favor different ones at different times.....today it was a Smith and a Ruger. I don't know if it has to be 25 degrees or minus 25 degrees for the cold to affect the action.Just saying......if you leave your gun where it is subject to cold temps....might want to check it for function.

Shouldn't matter. Look at the temp variables your vehicle will operate in. I don't remember any lube change in the military when it got cold. You weren't supposed to take your weapon into a warm area if it was going back into the cold, but that was a moisture-condensation/freezing issue. If I left overnight, in the cold, I might consider a vacuum bag with fresh dessicant bags. Not sure how long I'd leave it sealed though. Glocks seem as rust resistant as anything I've seen. Might consider one.

Back
Top Bottom