• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Did you buy a used Springfield XDS in 2014?

dawg

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
13   0
Reaction score
I know this is a long shot, but just wanted to put another feeler out on my stolen firearm.

It was a black Springfield XDS .45
Serial Number: XS562475

Stolen in September 2014 from my apartment.

If you've bought a used one since then, I'd appreciate the 30 seconds of your time to confirm it's not mine.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

I know this is a long shot, but just wanted to put another feeler out on my stolen firearm.

It was a black Springfield XDS .45
Serial Number: XS562475

Stolen in September 2014 from my apartment.

If you've bought a used one since then, I'd appreciate the 30 seconds of your time to confirm it's not mine.

Thanks and Happy New Year!
sucks man! Guess ya never found out who did it? Authorities catch anyone? Random hit? Bad "friends"?

Sorry to hear this happened to you. Thieves should be strung up by their balls on the courthouse square and then have their hands cut off so they can't take from others again!!

Unfortunately, they haven't caught them yet. Random hit on a poorly located apartment (will never live on the first floor again and have since moved).

Hey man the biggest thing is you have the serial# all to often I hear people don't have it so they don't report it. Well if it isn't in the database then it was never stolen. ( at least on paper) I had a .45 stole out of my truck a few years ago and last year peach co. called me and Said they found my pistol on a DUI stop. If you reported it your chances are better than most. Good luck

Hey man the biggest thing is you have the serial# all to often I hear people don't have it so they don't report it. Well if it isn't in the database then it was never stolen. ( at least on paper) I had a .45 stole out of my truck a few years ago and last year peach co. called me and Said they found my pistol on a DUI stop. If you reported it your chances are better than most. Good luck

Thanks, stories like this still give me hope! After the break in, I have serial numbers for everything possible not just guns!

We recover a few stolen firearms every year. As long as you have the manufacturer and the serial number it can go into a data base and possibly be recovered down the road. No serial number to report and it will be gone forever.

Back
Top Bottom