• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Did you know......?

billieco

Default rank 5000+ posts
GEARCRAFT HOLSTERS
587   1
Reaction score
I picked up a new Kimber Micro 9mm today. I learned that the magazines are exactly the same as my Sig p-938 mags.
My local store said that the Kimber extended mags were back ordered forever, so maybe the Sig extended mags would work too. I dont have one to try but the standard one is exactly the same. Just an FYI.
20161206_210105-01_wm.jpg

Good to know, I didn't know that but.
the Sig 238, Kimber micro 380 and Colt mustang accepts the same magazines, which means that you can pick up good quality mags for about 12-14 bucks with the Colt logo instead of the high priced Sig and Kimber mags. and the extended mags for the Colt Mustang also work in the other pistols as well.
I been running the Colt mags in my 238 for several years now.

I picked up a new Kimber Micro 9mm today. I learned that the magazines are exactly the same as my Sig p-938 mags.
My local store said that the Kimber extended mags were back ordered forever, so maybe the Sig extended mags would work too. I dont have one to try but the standard one is exactly the same. Just an FYI.
View attachment 987699

Yes...but not without modifying it. I have both and have already tried. The plastics base needs to be trimmed slightly for the latch to click and lock. Sux that Kimber can't keep up With the demand or better yet...put one in the box to start with but luckily the sig extended mag can be made to work.

Yes...but not without modifying it. I have both and have already tried. The plastics base needs to be trimmed slightly for the latch to click and lock. Sux that Kimber can't keep up With the demand or better yet...put one in the box to start with but luckily the sig extended mag can be made to work.
This is Exactly right, the tab prevents the mag to seat. Already tried this but it's an easy fix.

Back
Top Bottom