Do I need a Concealed Carry Permit?

southernfordguy

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
I am 22 years old, I am currently in the National Guard, with a current, valid military I.D. card. I have been told this honored as a concealed carry permit in Georgia, and most other states that honor Georgia's Permit. Is this at all accurate? LEO and Lawyer advice would be greatly appreciated.

Not leo, or lawyer but you are exempt, and can carry in to all of the places a leo can. Reciprocity is for licensed individuals only. Some states may, or may not have the same exemption as Ga. It is still wise to get your GWL so you can carry in the states that honor the Ga license, and you can also forgo the background check when buying firearms.

http://www.georgiapacking.org/law.php

Thanks your the advice, I have been meaning to get my GWL anyways, I actually am applying for a position at my local Sheriffs Office, so it wouldn't hurt to already have it anyways. I currently don't travel much outside the state, it was more or less just for personal knowledge.

You need to be careful and sure about what you do.......My Daughter is ACTIVE Full Time Army....Georgia Resident...We know she is Exempt. I'm pretty sure National Guard does NOT exempt you unless you have been activated into full time service such as deployment.......You have to be ACTIVE Military to be exempt. INAL but I'm pretty sure about this....please check again before you find yourself in a jackpot!!

I won't swear it because I have not looked it up and clarified, but I think the exemption is for " in performance of official duties" only. I'm referring to the carrying the same as LEO

You need to be careful and sure about what you do.......My Daughter is ACTIVE Full Time Army....Georgia Resident...We know she is Exempt. I'm pretty sure National Guard does NOT exempt you unless you have been activated into full time service such as deployment.......You have to be ACTIVE Military to be exempt. INAL but I'm pretty sure about this....please check again before you find yourself in a jackpot!!

Nat. guard can carry under the exemption, as can GSDF.

What Ink said....

Back
Top Bottom