• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you agree with the court?? Open Carry

Someone should close this thread. This is getting nowhere.... It's just causing a division amongst the mass's. We are all on the same side. The continued freedom to own and bare arms for our own protection and the protection of our loved ones. Just my own opinion.

rlt I don't think we are quite on the same page. More like in the book where some of us don't see the use in a semi auto rifle or shotgun for hunting and some others don't understand why anyone would "need" more than ten rounds in their magazines.. Where some don't support the freedom of allowing the other guy to choose how he wishes to carry his firearm. You know the kind of attitude that allowed the anti gunners to get the assault weapon ban and magazine restriction passed. While those are no longer national regulations there are states that still have them. Mitt Romney signed a permanent AWB into law in Massachusetts, yet people who claim to support the second amendment voted to make him the republican candidate and they intend to to vote him into the oval office.

rlt I don't think we are quite on the same page. More like in the book where some of us don't see the use in a semi auto rifle or shotgun for hunting and some others don't understand why anyone would "need" more than ten rounds in their magazines.. Where some don't support the freedom of allowing the other guy to choose how he wishes to carry his firearm. You know the kind of attitude that allowed the anti gunners to get the assault weapon ban and magazine restriction passed. While those are no longer national regulations there are states that still have them. Mitt Romney signed a permanent AWB into law in Massachusetts, yet people who claim to support the second amendment voted to make him the republican candidate and they intend to to vote him into the oval office.

I'm all for those things skippy. But you sir are suffering from HUA.

I'm just saying that it has gotten to a point of :deadhorse:. 1. The guy deserved to be detained. He asked for it, was looking for it and got exactly what he was aiming for. 2. The LEO had the right to detain him until they could figure out what he was up to and just what type of firearm he had. 3. The courts did make a bad decision and did violate his rights. End of story..... Now let's move on....

Perhaps all can be ended with a simple poll, and move on; poll questions as follows (i'm just spitballing here):

1. Don't agree with approach, but appreciate the intent
2. Agree with his approach and actions, regardless of intent
3. Don't agree with approach or intent, got what he "deservered"
4. Ban him from every forum known to man, abolish free speech and lobby for a bill passed to require all SBRs to have no orange markings
5. I can't answer honestly because I don't have enough testicular fortitude to do what he did, yet, I feel compelled to voice an opinion.

Do I think what he did paints a "good picture" for others?
Would I have handled it differently?
Should he be allowed to act in the manner that he did without recourse?

Obviously, these are questions for each person to decide personally, however, is this not what makes our country great? (the ability to have such discussions / debates without chastising a particular mode or thought pattern?)

God forbid that we learn from open discussion........

Anyway, Just my 0.02

Best regards,

Last edited:
1. Yes, No
2. No
3. Yes
4. No. Absolutely Not...

Do I think what he did paints a "good picture" for others? Absolutely Not. Would not want him speaking for me.
Would I have handled it differently? Absolutely
Should he be allowed to act in the manner that he did without recourse? Not at all. But court system was to harsh. They obviously wanted to make an example out of him and to send a definite message to those who legally can carry open and/or concealed.

what defines "working to appear suspicious"?"I am a racist...I was born a racist" - Vanguard

Not acting in a clear calm behavior, shifty like you would if you know or knew you were about to do something illegal....

I'm all for those things skippy. But you sir are suffering from HUA.

Do you honetly not have a problem with the "officer" allowing him to walk thru the park with that firearm that he suspects is illegal until he got to the parking lot and then drawing down on him? Seems to me that after the first ranger talked to him the guys intent and demeanor was apparent. Seems to me if there was a need to draw down on him and take the firearm then there was a need to go and find him in the park and not just allow him to walk back to the parking lot. THAT is where I think the actions of the officers was wrong and why I believe the ruling was wrong.

Maybe we SHOULD all OC every day every where. Maybe that's the ONLY way we will ever desensitize the non-gun crowd to the presence of guns. But even if that's the case I think we better start off a little less agressively than slung AKs in the kiddie park. Or whatever park for that matter. And maybe break the stereotype by mixing the red-neck gear up with khakis and a polo while OCing. Otherwise we are just cautionary tales and photo ops for liberals.

Start with Garp Pirkle park in Suga Hill.

Back
Top Bottom