• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you carry your EDC with the safety on or off?

All my carry guns, do not have a manual safety, not because im the top rude boy, but because I learned to carry with revolvers at first, so trigger finger discipline , was a vital part of my carry education. Most days now I carry a Glock. But chall really relying on that pistol only for self defense. I duct tape a scapel to my left calf, and one in the small of my back.

actual response... I was "scared" to carry a 1911 when I was starting out. So I carried it empty chamber for a bit, never knocked the safety off, etc.

then I carried it (empty chamber) with the thumb safety off on purpose. Never dropped the hammer, nothing I did in my life got it to go off.

Then I actually taped the grip safety down, and left the safety off. Never got it to shoot by accident or impact or anything.

that's how I got over it.

actual response... I was "scared" to carry a 1911 when I was starting out. So I carried it empty chamber for a bit, never knocked the safety off, etc.

then I carried it (empty chamber) with the thumb safety off on purpose. Never dropped the hammer, nothing I did in my life got it to go off.

Then I actually taped the grip safety down, and left the safety off. Never got it to shoot by accident or impact or anything.

that's how I got over it.
I love it. I’m somewhat doing the same with my first striker fired carry. Started carrying it as a backup to my H&K P30, empty chambered and pulling it and reholstering it a bunch during the day just to see and ease my mind. Trigger is pretty heavy which helps me mentally. Not as heavy as a double action though by about half. At my age I need every advantage i can get..lol

I carry a shield 90% of the time and when I upgraded to the Shield plus it has a safety but not because I wanted it that was just what was available at the time. I have practiced with drawing safety on and its a pain in the arse at the range,its small and not easily manipulated stiff even. So most of the time its off but depending on where I am I will engage it.

Appendix.....safety off. I keep em' guessing!

Screenshot_2023-06-30-14-27-32-27_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4_Original.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom