• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you guys have a friend like this??

GA-Silver

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
84   0
Reaction score
Recently, a family member that raises cattle agreed to sell me a beef to have slaughtered and processed at a fair price. Because I don’t have enough freezer space for a whole beef, I found 3 other families interested in quartering the beef. One of these families is headed by my good friend, who we will call Richard cranium. Richard is a good guy, but the type that can never be satisfied on any business deal. No know that type, the one that goes to a restaurant and complains about the food and stiffs the waitress on the tip. His wife isn’t much better as well. Good people, but you see where I’m going.

Richard picks up his part of the beef and cooks T-bone steak from it the next day. I asked him how it was and he says it was “tough”, “chewy”, and “full of gristle”. Said it must have been an “older cow”, which it wasn’t. I have another family that has bought beef from my family member before and has offered to buy Richard’s part since he isn’t happy with it. Richard and wife said they’d “think about it”.

I was pondering the above and was curious if you guys ever had a friend like Richard. Nothing is never right and can find fault in everything.

Recently, a family member that raises cattle agreed to sell me a beef to have slaughtered and processed at a fair price. Because I don’t have enough freezer space for a whole beef, I found 3 other families interested in quartering the beef. One of these families is headed by my good friend, who we will call Richard cranium. Richard is a good guy, but the type that can never be satisfied on any business deal. No know that type, the one that goes to a restaurant and complains about the food and stiffs the waitress on the tip. His wife isn’t much better as well. Good people, but you see where I’m going.

Richard picks up his part of the beef and cooks T-bone steak from it the next day. I asked him how it was and he says it was “tough”, “chewy”, and “full of gristle”. Said it must have been an “older cow”, which it wasn’t. I have another family that has bought beef from my family member before and has offered to buy Richard’s part since he isn’t happy with it. Richard and wife said they’d “think about it”.

I was pondering the above and was curious if you guys ever had a friend like Richard. Nothing is never right and can find fault in everything.
Has Richard paid for his share ??
If so, tell him to Eff off.
Whinny ass’d people like that should be put on ignore.

One acquaintance has a negative world view, pisses and moans about a lot, but still overall a good guy. All of his friends just shake our heads when he rants about "bubbah". He's not on ODT, but he's a price rager, so he'd fit in on Tuesdays.

When it comes to unsatisfied pricks:

My lovely wife has an aunt and uncle that are plain awful. They emailed us when we lived in Hawaii to tell us they were coming to visit. Didn't ask. Didn't plain dates, just bought tickets and emailed us when they were coming. :mad:

We tried to make them happy, really did. But they were unsatisfied with everything. Staying free in our apartment, getting free transportation , but they b!tched about every thing. Even the friggin waves at the beach. They couldn't be pleased.

The last straw was when we took them to our favorite restaurant, an easy walk from our place. A nice seafood joint that we frequented often, like where the wait staff and cook and hostess all remember you. It was a midrange restaurant, not too fancy, but not a low ball by any standard. (Yeah, we ate out a lot back then, no kids and the US Army was paying per diem. Should've stashed that cash, but we were young and dumb.)

The aunt, uncle and niece were horrific. Absolute ****ty to everyone about everything. My wife was dying with humiliation and embarrassment as they complained and sent back food, complained about the tea, the flatware, the friggin' lemons, you name it. I got up and found the waitress and chef to offer abject and sincere apologies, and they were so kind and understanding. They were used to "tourists" being as$holes. That only slightly abated the embarrassment.

It was awful. That was about 30 years ago and I still remember how bad it was. How bad we felt. How their selfish, unsatisfied asininity made us ashamed to go back to what had been a frequent haunt.

Oh, and as a special surprise, the uncle and aunt announced that they were leaving their daughter, our niece, with us for another week in Hawaii so they could to home and have some time alone. Dump a teenage girl on us for a week without asking??! We both were working. WTH?!

Yeah, still bitter. Unaccommodating asses.

Some people look for opportunities to find faults. They need to look inside.

I was pondering the above and was curious if you guys ever had a friend like Richard. Nothing is never right and can find fault in everythingI

My brother once successfully returned a 22 year old Samsonite briefcase for a full refund and returned a Eureka vacuum cleaner to a store that doesn’t even carry Eureka products.

I’m familiar with the type.

He went to UGA.

GO BUCKEYES!
I’ve told my friend Richard on many occasions that if I ran a business I’d run his ass out of my store first thing when he sat foot inside….

Back
Top Bottom