• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you tip your mail carrier for Christmas?

Do you tip your mail carrier for Christmas?

• Yes

Votes: 21 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 65 64.4%
  • Tacos - definitely tacos!

Votes: 15 14.9%

• Total voters
As a retired Postman, I always took take care of my customers. I never looked for, or expected tips or gifts or whatever you want to call it. I did receive some every year and I responded in kind with a card or went to the door to thank them personally.
Grant you there are terrible mail carriers and I have them right in my area. If I was in charge they would be gone post haste.
Some people would always have something to say when they found out I was retired Military and made comments about double dipping. I asked those folks did they ever serve and what were you doing when I was freezing my a&& off or pouring from sweat, far away from home eating C rations in the field and in general trying to keep the USA safe.
I don't condone bad behavior and I also don't demean the whole profession because some people are worthless and are there just to get that check.
I took pride in my job and was always trying ways to make it better.
I retired in 2004 and just about every time I'm out in the stores somewhere, I have one of my old customers come up and say Hey mailman. How are you and I wish you were back. Those carriers now won't speak or ignore us and leave mail all over the place.
Summing it up, I didn't need a tip, just cooperation and that works both ways.
Well said!! Thank you for all your service to our country.

My mail girl is hot, good looking, and goes out of her way for me. So I do give her something for Xmas like a box of candy. I would like to give her something really nice, but I think her hubby would kick my old ass for that.

So got a cute "Happy Holidays" card from Rebecca our mail carrier in today's mail.

We've lived in this house for 14 years and this is the first time I can remember we've received a card like this. We've had 30 different mail carriers the years we've been here. I guess I would feel different if they did something other than their job.

Do you tip your mail carrier for Christmas? I never have. To my knowledge growing up we never did, either.
NOPE,LOUSY SERVICE AND I DON'T TIP PEOPLE FOR NOT DOING THEIR JOB WELL.

NO,WE ARE TIRED OF REWARDING PEOPLE THAT HAVE A GOOD JOB($ AND BENNIES) DOING A HALF ASS JOB. IF YOU WORKED LIKE THAT AT YOUR JOB YOU WOULD GET FIRED NOT REWARDED.

You have 1 mail carrier. There are hundreds of thousands. Some of them work their asses off and do a great job. And stop yelling.

I don't even know who to tip at restaraunts anymore. The person who takes our drink order, the one who brings them out, the one who takes our food order, the person who brings that out, or the other staff I have to ask to refill my drink, or have to ask for the check.

That's easy, if I have to ask, then there will be minimal tip, like 7 cents. :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom