• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you tip your mail carrier for Christmas?

Do you tip your mail carrier for Christmas?

• Yes

Votes: 21 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 65 64.4%
  • Tacos - definitely tacos!

Votes: 15 14.9%

• Total voters
I really wanna keep this party going....but I better not. :evil:

So how much is an appropriate gift for a good mail lady? I saw somewhere on their website about gifts once...says nothing over $25 is allowed?

I heard they really like Johns Creek Soap - :eyebrows:

What - ?

:rolleyes:

Ok - didja really think I couldn't get a plug in here somewhere?

Merry Christmas everyone!

When we lived in Valdosta, we tipped our carrier every year. She was awesome and made sure we always got our packages/ mail. When we moved up here we tipped every year because we had an awesome carrier and she went to school with my wife. Now we see her less and we have a lot of random people. When we tip, we make sure we give it to her and not one of the others. Like this young lady:
Wilson_20130817_9794-X2.jpg

I'm expecting a tip this year. No, I'm not a postal worker but I've had to re-deliver more mail than I have received!
Frankly, service has gone to absolute hell. If a package doesn't fit in the mailbox (with great force sometimes), I may as well write it off. One of the MANY delivery twits bent the f out of my flag! How hard is it to operate a mailbox flag?!

My wife ships a lot of USPS boxes from home for her business, so we depend on good service from the postal carrier. Our previous carrier was incredibly conscientious and friendly. She now works at the post office instead of driving a route, but she still comes by from time to time to bring us some packing materials and say hello. We miss seeing her every day. Wife gave her a $100 gift card every year, and you could tell it was genuinely appreciated.

Current carrier is less social, but he's a really hard worker, and he always calls us when he's a few minutes away, so we have time to get packages ready. We'll give him a gift card, too. Because of the volume of shipping we do, it's a reasonable thank you for good service.

My feeling is, if you have a regular mail carrier and you give them a nice tip, you'll get better service all year long.

Back
Top Bottom