• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you tip your mail carrier for Christmas?

Do you tip your mail carrier for Christmas?

• Yes

Votes: 21 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 65 64.4%
  • Tacos - definitely tacos!

Votes: 15 14.9%

• Total voters
I used to, but the regular mail guy retired years ago. Now it seems to be different people and they never follow a consistent time schedule. I used to talk with the mail guy, he was a cool old dude and you knew about when he would show up daily.

I'm gonna give that old bat one this year, I'm gonna tell that ***** to take a long walk off a short pier. Worst mail carrier we've had in the 27 years we've lived here, I think her husband must piss in her cornflakes every morning. At least I hope he does. Aaaaahahahaha!!!

We must not have the same mail woman? Lynn is great, of course, I do have an insider w the post office :boink:

As a retired Postman, I always took take care of my customers. I never looked for, or expected tips or gifts or whatever you want to call it. I did receive some every year and I responded in kind with a card or went to the door to thank them personally.
Grant you there are terrible mail carriers and I have them right in my area. If I was in charge they would be gone post haste.
Some people would always have something to say when they found out I was retired Military and made comments about double dipping. I asked those folks did they ever serve and what were you doing when I was freezing my a&& off or pouring from sweat, far away from home eating C rations in the field and in general trying to keep the USA safe.
I don't condone bad behavior and I also don't demean the whole profession because some people are worthless and are there just to get that check.
I took pride in my job and was always trying ways to make it better.
I retired in 2004 and just about every time I'm out in the stores somewhere, I have one of my old customers come up and say Hey mailman. How are you and I wish you were back. Those carriers now won't speak or ignore us and leave mail all over the place.
Summing it up, I didn't need a tip, just cooperation and that works both ways.

Back
Top Bottom