• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anyone else put cheese in coffee?

Growing up my Dad always chipped cheddar cheese into a cup of hot black coffee. After it melted, he'd spoon it onto sourdough biscuits or toast. Always wanting to be just like Daddy, I developed the same habit. It is some kind of good! And we still drank the coffee. Only person that hated it was my Mom because she had to wash the cups.

Anybody else do this or is this just another one of my poor, country habits?
You are a little different,in a good way.

One weird combo dad came up with
was cashew stuck in a black olive.
Salty crunchy cashew with the squishy
olive tastes better than it sounds. Occasional
craving or holiday hor durve kinda thing.

Growing up my Dad always chipped cheddar cheese into a cup of hot black coffee. After it melted, he'd spoon it onto sourdough biscuits or toast. Always wanting to be just like Daddy, I developed the same habit. It is some kind of good! And we still drank the coffee. Only person that hated it was my Mom because she had to wash the cups.

Anybody else do this or is this just another one of my poor, country habits?
Sounds interesting, I feel sorry for the cup washer. Fortunately I don't drink coffee.

Most folks around here melt the cheese
directly on the toast or biscuits then drink
coffee with it. If dunking cheese in your
coffee reminds you of good ole days w/dad
then by all means enjoy. Just be glad he didn't
use mayo on his fries instead of ketchup.
Mayo on fries is AWESOME! Had it in Germany for a few years as a kid. But it ain't like what we got here.

I like my coffee like I like my women......BITTER!!!

But a guy at work always made some great tasting coffee with our shop Folgers.
I found out how when I saw him putting sugar in the coffee grounds while making a pot.
He swore it was how he made it and always came out great tasting......I never did it myself but I might one day.

Back
Top Bottom