• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does your wife carry a revolver or semi?

Does you wife carry a revolver or semi?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Semi.

1) She just feels more comfortable having more rounds (despite how much I try to emphasize that the outcome is likely going to be dictated by the first few shots),
2) The trigger is typically lighter and thus she can shoot it much more accurately, and
3) The only revolver she's shot was my old S&W 442 which has much more recoil than her current M&P 9c (although I suppose this is my fault for not letting her shoot something more comparable in weight/recoil like a model 60)

My wife believes every gun ever made, even the ones that are on the bottom the Ocean with Pirate Treasure, were only made to shoot our 2 kids.

I went thru this with the misses and it was a challenge. She is only 5'2" 120lbs and couldn't handle the recoil of a snub .38 I then got her a .380 and she liked it. She really likes my Browning Hi-power 9mm and shoots it well, so she is quite familiar with how a semi auto works. I just got her a Glock 42 and she is all giddy about it and can't wait to shoot it. She does well with 9mm and .380 I did let here shoot my 686 once, loaded with .357 and she promptly handed it back with a frown on her face. So good luck with that. I'd say, if I had to do it over again, I would take her to the range and let her rent a few and see what she was comfortable with before hand.

My wife is making all kinds of excuses to not carry her pistol. It's to heavy, it's too big, I don't want to have it on my hip, I don't want to live it in the car or carry it in my purse...

I'm not forcing anything on her by any means but I do worry about her going to her car at work and to the gas station that is next to her work without having gun to defend herself. Right now I have a G26 that is all hers to carry. She is ok with the idea of having it around her in the house but when it comes to leaving the house with it its like pulling teeth.

She also approached me with a scenario about her coming home and someone was in the house and how hard it would be to get into the safe to get the G26. In which I replied with a simple, "HAVE A ****ING GUN ON YOU!" What can I say, she's a blonde...

Anyway, I'm beating my head over here because I need her to understand that the threat is real out side the house and she needs to have something to protect herself with. I don't want her to experience something horrible and THEN want to carry a gun on her.

Also, she has fired a wide variety of pistols. Glocks, M&P's, XD's, Kahr's, just to name a few. She is also recoil sensitive so I usually keep it in the .380 to 9mm range but when they start getting super small we all know what the means in terms of recoil.

I would even be OK with purse carry just as long as she would carry the ****er every day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom