• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

dog attacks and gcw

customsmith

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
38   0
Reaction score
what are the legalities of shooting an attacking dog?
scenario 2 dogs come charging at night, one growling at full speed, and bites my dog on lash in middle of road. fight continues for about 90 seconds with me kicking attacking dog repeatedly. finally breaks contact and leaves.damage done.2 inch long cut in neck , $700 in vet er

live in paulding with leash laws. attacking dogs had no signs of any restraints.
what are the options and legalities? lethal/ non lethal?

i usually carry snub 38, still do not know what made me leave it in safe for the run :( LESSON LEARNED!!

I love my dogs but I also feel bad dogs are not born, they are made. I would think a warning shot would do the trick but then again I wouldn't hesitate to shoot a dog attacking mine. I will protect my family and my dog are a big part of our family

In my opinion - if you feel that your lifeis in danger, do what you have to.
And the attacking dog(s) were running toward you when your brave companion protected you so....

FYI - I am not law enforcement and have no knowledge of the legal implications but if it had been me, I always carry my pocket knife if not a small armand wold not have hesitated in defending me and mine. Just saying...

My buddy ran into a similar problem. He carries an ASP baton in addition to his gun when he goes on his walks now.

A sharp hit to the ribs or head may kill a dog but you are much less likely to get in trouble with LE hitting the dog vs shooting it.Not saying to try and kill it but a couple sharp hits to the side will probably make it run off.

Crazy that you posted this. I was almost bitten today by a pit bull in my apartment complex. If he had gotten much closer he would have been a dead pit bull and I do not care what laws would have or have not been broken.

I always carry.If you don't protect yourself(or loved ones)then why carry?
dog,bear,wolf,coyote,fox-all animals,with the capability of attacking.
If you come at me or mine with bad intent,somebody will die

Back
Top Bottom