• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

dog attacks and gcw

i will not shot at a moving dog.dog was in contact with mine, in the road.took several kicks to ribs and head.putting gun to him would not have been an issue.just really hate dog getting punished for owners lack of responsability.Did learn to call 911 and havee an officer respond for legal and financial reasons.talking to animal control tomorrow as they have jurisdiction after attack. as far as PS would have been to late, asp is serious consideration only i fear maiming dog instead of quick death. plus the swing and movement of dogs seems more likelyto hit my own dogs.

It has been my experience that problems with nuisance animals are best solved quickly and lethally. Doing things "the right way" via code enforcement and police involvement causes more harm than it prevents---- now, the owners KNOW you're after em. Dead dog, immediate solution.

just spoke with owner . says he will pay for bill this week. Thorn, i am getting to the realization that you are corrct that"doing it the right way" is the hardest way about it. I am not out for him or his dog. just would like to mind my own and am getting very tiredof having to deal with this time and time again. this is not the first time. Things will be different next go around. Solid reminder to be prepared AT ALL TIMES

I think it's pretty clear that you can only fire in the event that you legitimately fear for your life. I don't think that it extends to the life of your fido unfortunately.

On the other hand there are a dozen or so brands of pepper spray like stuff meant specifically to work on stray dogs ..... a knife may be another alternative.

what are the legalities of shooting an attacking dog?
scenario 2 dogs come charging at night, one growling at full speed, and bites my dog on lash in middle of road. fight continues for about 90 seconds with me kicking attacking dog repeatedly. finally breaks contact and leaves.damage done.2 inch long cut in neck , $700 in vet er

live in paulding with leash laws. attacking dogs had no signs of any restraints.
what are the options and legalities? lethal/ non lethal?

i usually carry snub 38, still do not know what made me leave it in safe for the run :( LESSON LEARNED!!

I think it's pretty clear that you can only fire in the event that you legitimately fear for your life. I don't think that it extends to the life of your fido unfortunately.

On the other hand there are a dozen or so brands of pepper spray like stuff meant specifically to work on stray dogs ..... a knife may be another alternative.

The law states that you may shoot a dog that is attacking you and/or another person or causing damage to property, livestock etc. Your dog is considered your property and if it is being attacked you are justified.

I love dogs but if mine attacked unprovoked Id be the first to put him down.. I have two kids,... If you are worried about the sound..carry a small 22 with cbs in it next time you go walking... no one would notice that sound.

Back
Top Bottom