dog attacks and gcw

The Castle Doctrine law here in GA covers "stand your ground" when protecting yourself and property. Besides your handgun you might also carry a spray can of wasp spray. The neurotoxins will blind the attacking dog, until washed out by a vet, and give you and your dog a chance to move to a safe distance. This spray can also be used on home invaders if you cannot get to your handgun. Keep several cans scattered about the house.

The Castle Doctrine law here in GA covers "stand your ground" when protecting yourself and property. Besides your handgun you might also carry a spray can of wasp spray. The neurotoxins will blind the attacking dog, until washed out by a vet, and give you and your dog a chance to move to a safe distance. This spray can also be used on home invaders if you cannot get to your handgun. Keep several cans scattered about the house.
why would you carry both? i mean are you gonna blind the dog then shoot it?

just shoot it, and wasp spray doesnt have neurotoxins. it works by shutting down an insects system by activating inhibitors to bind and block normal enzyme-substrate activities causing a build up of molecules used in muscle contraction and release (specifically acetylcholene). therefor it causes the insects "muscles" to constantly contract (as the enzyme's molecular structure being forever changed, the wasps body will not recognize its own efforts of sending the molecule to stop this process), resulting in the death of the bug

its specifically an organophosphate,l it works alot in the same way was as sarin gas

Not to mention you could have a federal case on your hands if you're walking around with wasp killer with the intent of misusing it. It's one thing if it's around and all you have.

Not to mention you could have a federal case on your hands if you're walking around with wasp killer with the intent of misusing it. It's one thing if it's around and all you have.

ya, true

"hey bill what ya got there?"

"can of wasp spray, in case i get attacked"

"..........what?"

"ya its a great deterrent"

"well whats the gun fer?"

"in case i get attacked"

"..........did you read the instructions?"

"yes yes, i put the bullets in the right way this time"

"no for the wasp spray"

"directions? ohh ya those werds printed on the side"

I don't give an aggressive dog another chance to attack. It might not be me next time. It might be a kid or someone who can't defend their self. If I see a dog being overly aggressive then I'm putting it down. It might be a biter or it might have rabies.

There are lots of dogs where I live. I walk in my neighborhood. Some of the dogs are behind fences like they should be legally. Others are allowed to run loose. Some of the ones who run loose bark at me when I walk by but are timid and harmless. There are (were) some other dogs who would chase anyone or follow you onto your own property while barking and growling. There have been several unfortunate dogs that I've put down because they barked at, growled at and chased my kids out in the street or came up my driveway and scared my wife or kids. I got tired of calling the animal control and they got tired of coming out, frankly.

I've been tempted to turn my two Great Pyrenees loose on them from time to time but I didn't want to get blood all over their pretty white coats.

I would have to say that the 5.56x45 gave the best results. Dropped dead instantly. The 9mm through the back of the pit bull's head also worked well but I had to get too close for comfort.

The .22lr wasn't as effective and will wound a dog before it will kill one. The law does mention being humane in your kill method so consider that if you must kill one.

Back
Top Bottom