• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every boat owner encounters that! I had a 40 ft cruiser with twin 140 gallon gas tanks..... we take some non boating neighbors out... and they insist to pay for gas. I pull up to the marina and start filling both port and starboard tanks, each had about 1/4 tank, gas was $5.15 a gallon ( 5-6 years ago).

I stopped at about $450 bucks... He gulped and broke out in a sweat....!
I told him it was my treat... we had a great evening cruise!
They did bring some great craft beers and wine for the wife.
But what a priceless look on his face!

a full day out on lanier on a 40 foot cruiser is easily worth 200 - 300 bucks!

when I take my buddies fishing,I supply boat and gas,they supply the bait.I let them off cheap,but it is something

Yep, I took some good friends out fishing that helped with the gas and costs, I didnt' mind letting them off cheap as long as they wanted to go and also were willing to share part of the expense. Miss the boat, but don't miss the work and costs associated with it! LOL

That used to happen to me every time I'd take someone shooting. Now I tell them I'll take you shooting and supply the guns, but you have to buy ammo.

Yep, if I do it again I will tell them up front what calibers guns I'm bringing and to buy their own rounds if they want to shoot up front, my last time assuming anything...

Okay, lets shoot the ar15, 3 mags each, here's 3 mags for you (Empty) here's three mags for me (full). :)

a full day out on lanier on a 40 foot cruiser is easily worth 200 bucks!

Agreed... twin 502 blue waters and a 7.5 kw Westerbeke genset...
I would tie up Friday night stay thru Sun night and never turn the generator off. Wife had to have the A/C flowing and goin... had it for 13 years...
We had a blast.. my teen boys could pilot that thing better than me!

1493564255527.jpg
"Hey, buddy, you gonna go halvsies on that ammo?"

Reminds me of a time I took a fellow coworker to the range. He was shooting a 9mm, I was shooting my 686.

Every time I put up a new target he grabs his 92F and a mag, shorty thereafter it looks like its been hit by double 00 buck from a sawed off 12 gauge.

After the second box of ammo and no change in his behavior. I picked a spot in the upper right corner that had a miniature of the man size target. I proceeded to punch the next dozen rounds through essentially the same hole.

When I retrieved the target, he gave me a quizzical look and asked if I meant to do that?

I said target practice is not just blasting away at the target. Do you think 12 rounds at 15 yards in the size of a quarter is an accident?

Needless to say we didn't go shooting together again.

He sounds like a new shooter/gun owner and has never partnered up at a range. You should have explained your expectations up front despite having worked with him for a while. He probably wasn't aware of the shooting etiquette.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom