• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Don't blow for the po-po

Being stopped at a roadblock is not probable cause....but they will ask you ,if you don't mind,do you getting out of your car and doing a feild sobriety test,or ask you to blow in the breathalyzer....this is not probable cause...it's just wrong

Being stopped at a roadblock is not probable cause....but they will ask you ,if you don't mind,do you getting out of your car and doing a feild sobriety test,or ask you to blow in the breathalyzer....this is not probable cause...it's just wrong
I've never been asked that, not once. How is ASKING a violation of your rights if you are free to say "No thanks" or "pound sand" or whatever response you choose?
Actually, I take that back, I just remembered (hey it was a LONG time ago) I actually WAS given a sobreity test in college at about 2am driving back from dropping my girlfriend off at her home. I was falling asleep at the wheel and weaving all over the place. I remember being VERY annoyed that the cop was between me and sleep. After that encounter I was much more awake and made it home with no more nodding. He may have saved mine, and someone else's life that night. What a sphincter he was.

Funny you mention your buddy. My stalker position had been open for a while. Thanks for stepping up. Aren't you overdue for a high horse reference? It's been hours.
You troll my thread and I'm the stalker? :pound: I don't even bother opening the 15 threads you clog the feed with every day so I hardly qualify as your stalker.

You troll my thread and I'm the stalker? :pound: I don't even bother opening the 15 threads you clog the feed with every day so I hardly qualify as your stalker.
My first post was #145. I'm terrible at 'trolling' I guess. I asked a question you answered it. You then attempted to unsuccessfully correlate 2A rights with sobriety tests but now apparently just roadblocks and here we are.

If you can't correlate the similarities in being forced to surrender paper and surrender to testing based on no probable cause and being forced to register a weapon that's fine. But understand that just cause gauex can't see it with his infinite wisdom doesn't mean it's not there.

The fact that Gauex doesn't mind going through a road block holds about as much water as Jim Bob not minding registering his guns. These are constitutional issues and when the courts get them right for a change it's something worth celebrating. Which was the point of this thread.

Last edited:
If you can't correlate the similarities in being forced to surrender paper and surrender to testing based on no probable cause and being forced to register a weapon that's fine. But understand that just cause gauex can't see it with his infinite wisdom doesn't mean it's not there.
People "see" all sorts of things.

Back
Top Bottom