• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Don't blow for the po-po

Was riding the bike in my local area, because it hadn't been ridden in a few weeks.
A cop started following me and made every turn I made for several minutes.

It finally dawned on me that he was just trying to read my "T" shirt, so I stood up at the next stop sign.
When I looked back he was smiling and gave me a thumbs up. I went right, he went left.

Shirt said;

Alcohol
Tobacco
Firearms

(who's bringing the chips?)

They're just people......

Random roadblocks are every bit if not more a violation of the 4th than gun registration is a violation of the 2nd. You keep bringing the emotional aspect of drunk driving into this conversation. How is a sober person not wanting to blow into a device based on a random stop any different than a law abiding citizen not wanting to get a carry permit or register his weapon?
If we allow the government to disarm us, we are helpless and literally subjects. If we force a driver on a public roadway after reasonable suspicion of intoxication to blow into a breathalizer, we are inconvenienced. I get you equate them. I don't.

Was riding the bike in my local area, because it hadn't been ridden in a few weeks.
A cop started following me and made every turn I made for several minutes.

It finally dawned on me that he was just trying to read my "T" shirt, so I stood up at the next stop sign.
When I looked back he was smiling and gave me a thumbs up. I went right, he went left.

Shirt said;

Alcohol
Tobacco
Firearms

(who's bringing the chips?)

They're just people......
Did you scream "Am I being detained?" Link to youtube of horrific encounter please.

Actually the real argument is "self incrimination" (that pesky 4th Amendment) and the 2nd Amendment. You are missing the point, I know we disagree and that's cool but "breathalizers" really have nothing to do with it.
How is SOBER driver incriminating him/herself?

If we allow the government to disarm us, we are helpless and literally subjects. If we force a driver on a public roadway after reasonable suspicion of intoxication to blow into a breathalizer, we are inconvenienced. I get you equate them. I don't.
The king of misdirection strikes again. Gaux I'm completely ok with driver being forced, through a warrant of course, to blow into a machine or blood test if and only if there is reasonable suspicion or probable cause to believe they were driving impaired.

The king of misdirection strikes again. Gaux I'm completely ok with driver being forced, through a warrant of course, to blow into a machine or blood test if and only if there is reasonable suspicion or probable cause to believe they were driving impaired.
So your entire issue with random roadblocks is you want warrants? Fine, they can be almost instantaneous (as I've mentioned). I'm not opposed, but I'm also OK with current SOP.

So your entire issue with random roadblocks is you want warrants? Fine, they can be almost instantaneous (as I've mentioned). I'm not opposed, but I'm also OK with current SOP.
No, where the hell did you see that? my issue with roadblocks is the blatant violation of the 4th amendment.

No, where the hell did you see that? my issue with roadblocks is the blatant violation of the 4th amendment.
OK, I give. I thought it was more specific. You are certainly entitled to your issue(s) and your definition of 'blatant violation' and to attempt to equate them with gun registration.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized"

If a random roadblock where armed employees of the state force you to stop from your free travels in order to produce papers isn't a blatant violation of the above I don't know what is. The argument could be made in my opinion that it's a much more blatant violation than gun registration.

Back
Top Bottom