• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Don't blow for the po-po

Wow....some people really do like 2 argue...I'm sure setting up a roadblock just down the street from a nightclub, bar or whatever you wanta call it it,would be just fine also...just like police pulling up in the bushes trying to catch speeders is fine also....I know none of you speed

Ken random roadblocks are unreasonable. When looking at the constitution the founders intent is everything. Do you really believe the would have approved of the sate having armed men randomly set up safety checks on the streets of their day?

To your second question if the police have PC to stop someone for impaired driving I'm absolutely fine with that. If upon contact they have reasonable suspicion of drinking I'm fine with them asking the driver to preform sobriety test including the breathalyzer(asking not forcing) . If the driver refuses and the officer has the necessary PC to make an arrest I'm absolutely ok with that. Now that the arrest has been made the officer can electronically submit his findings and request a warrant to get the blood test or intoxalizer. And I'm absolutely fine with that too. I'm absolutely fine with every single tactic the police do to get drunk driver's off the road even lying to them if that's what it takes. But I'm not ok with them doing it at the expense of the constitution. Random roadblocks are that expense. And avoiding the warrant procedure by threatening administrative punishment if the suspect doesn't give consent is also at the expenditure of our constitution.

And it wasn't my friend who was arrested that was another member.
OK I got the impression you wanted warrants for each stage. I apologize.

However I think the blame is misplaced when directed at the officers. We elect the polititions that write the laws and the judges that interpret them. The officer use the tools they are given.
The courts have set up very strict guidelines for the use of RBs.
The blame should be directed at ourselves as voters instead of the ones tasked with enforcing bad law.
Wasn't that long a ago their were a plethora of crappy gun laws in our area. Look how that has changed because of voter outcry.

Last edited:

However I think the blame is misplaced when directed at the officers. We elect the polititions that write the laws and the judges that interpret them. The officer use the tools they are given.
The blame should be directed at ourselves as voters instead of the ones tasked with enforcing bad law.
Wasn't that long a ago their were a plethora of crappy gun laws in our area. Look how that has changed because of voter outcry.

Police officers get the flack because they are where the rubber meets the road. The average citizen's interface with government is with police and that is where the, sometimes misplaced, rage is directed. It is like when you see a customer chewing out a cashier for company policy. The cashier did not write the policy but she gets the flack.

Road blocks are moneymakers and it is unlikely that states are going to outlaw them. It would be interesting, however, to see a police chief or sheriff refuse to allow them because of his belief in The 4th Amendment. As a layman, it appears that law enforcement views The 4th Amendment as an obstacle not as a sacred cornerstone of our republic. It feels like the edges of "reasonable" are pushed until the words have no meaning.

Police officers get the flack because they are where the rubber meets the road. The average citizen's interface with government is with police and that is where the, sometimes misplaced, rage is directed. It is like when you see a customer chewing out a cashier for company policy. The cashier did not write the policy but she gets the flack.

Road blocks are moneymakers and it is unlikely that states are going to outlaw them. It would be interesting, however, to see a police chief or sheriff refuse to allow them because of his belief in The 4th Amendment. As a layman, it appears that law enforcement views The 4th Amendment as an obstacle not as a sacred cornerstone of our republic. It feels like the edges of "reasonable" are pushed until the words have no meaning.
Thank you, most here don't want to look in the mirror and see the real problem. Much easier to blame someone that doesn't make the rules.
Numerous courts have ruled the stops constitutional so the average person (LEO or otherwise)accepts this. Only action by the voting public will fix this.

For the most part I agree with you but I also agree with all capt Dave's points above. We see all these videos recently of sheriff's saying how they won't enforce unconstitutional laws regarding the 2nd amendment and it'd be nice to see that same support for the 1st 4th and 5th.

For the most part I agree with you but I also agree with all capt Dave's points above. We see all these videos recently of sheriff's saying how they won't enforce unconstitutional laws regarding the 2nd amendment and it'd be nice to see that same support for the 1st 4th and 5th.

It's early to be making this much sense. You must drink good coffee.

Back
Top Bottom