• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

downside to .357 in 9mm

jpm2953

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
403   0
Reaction score
Any downsides to running .357" bullets in 9mm? My bore measures .355-.3555"

I have had a dang time with leading the past two batches of bullets I have gotten. Both are known to be very soft though(Sized .356")
I wonder if .357 would alleviate any issues.
My question is......what are the downsides to running a .357" bullet in 9mm? Coated lead only....not talking about plated or jacketed

Interesting... that's always what I heard you were supposed to do...
Me too. I shot 300 rounds for practice last tuesday. Took my barrel out and saw that it was leaded up. Not completely smooth bore but pretty bad. I fired 50 147gr FMJ after that to test out that theory. Zero change in the amount of lead in a barrel and it was twice as hard to scrub it out when I got home.

Any downsides to running .357" bullets in 9mm? My bore measures .355-.3555"

I have had a dang time with leading the past two batches of bullets I have gotten. Both are known to be very soft though(Sized .356")
I wonder if .357 would alleviate any issues.
My question is......what are the downsides to running a .357" bullet in 9mm? Coated lead only....not talking about plated or jacketed
Other that possible cambering issues and the fact that the pressures will be a lot higher I can't think of anything else off hand.

I ordered 7,000 125's from Black Bullets International at .356" Going to give the .356" one more try. These bullets seem to have zero issues with my buddies that shoot them.

.356 coated bullets work fine. I know several guys who use the Bayou and Blue bullets for competition and they love them. Not that familiar with BBI bullets. I am old school and still prefer the jacketed on plated bullets.

.356 coated bullets work fine. I know several guys who use the Bayou and Blue bullets for competition and they love them. Not that familiar with BBI bullets. I am old school and still prefer the jacketed on plated bullets.
I prefer plated or jacketed as well but I can't afford to shoot as much as I do unless i shoot coated lead

Just look for the deals. Delta Precision has 115gr FMJ usually at $84 per K, minimum order of 2k, delivered to your door. I find that some of the coated are running around $65 per k or more. I have been using Delta Precision bullets for years. No Problems. They will occasionally run a sale on them for $79 per K. 124gr run a little more.

Back
Top Bottom