• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Driver's license and GWCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you keep talking about staying out of legal trouble and the easiest way to stay out of legal trouble is not to do anything illegal... and not asking for ID or a Georgia weapons carry license when you're about to sell a firearm as an individual to an individual in the state of Georgia is not illegal... can we all agree on that and stop acting like it is
How did that go while you were in AO? Must have been the reason you only came out with some ammo.........

How did that go while you were in AO? Must have been the reason you only came out with some ammo.........
Not sure what Adventure Outdoors has to do with me buying a firearm from or selling a firearm to an individual in the state of Georgia...
Obviously since AO is a federal firearms dealer I would have to produce my credentials in order to purchase a firearm from them...
\_(o_O)_/

Not sure what Adventure Outdoors has to do with me buying a firearm from or selling a firearm to an individual in the state of Georgia...
Obviously since AO is a federal firearms dealer I would have to produce my credentials in order to purchase a firearm from them...
\_(o_O)_/
Because it sounds like you avoid the ffl situations so you can brag to folks about all the guns you've bought and sold to individuals with no proof of credentials. In today's times, the odds of running into a legal issue are probably stacking up against you. To each his own, good luck with that mentality. Oh and welcome to my "ignore" list, since you won't ever be buying a firearm from me without proof of legal eligibility..........

Because it sounds like you avoid the ffl situations so you can brag to folks about all the guns you've bought and sold to individuals with no proof of credentials. In today's times, the odds of running into a legal issue are probably stacking up against you. To each his own, good luck with that mentality. Oh and welcome to my "ignore" list, since you won't ever be buying a firearm from me without proof of legal eligibility..........
Oh I'm legal and always have been...
FTR I purchased 2 handguns in February from dealers... that's not something I ever avoid...why would I

Long read on this one. It's not required by law to look at anything. Bottom line, if you want to see, ask, if you are not comfortable with it, say. I have buddies that will only sell to people they know with a full bill of sale. I also know folks I won't buy from at all and would tell others to steer clear of. I like my rights and feel it offers some layer of protection to look at a Drivers License to see the face in front of me on something issued by the State. The CWP tells me, that atleast when it was issued, the person did not have any disqualifications preventing them from owning a firearm. Now, will it break a deal if a person does not have a CWP, most of the time, not at all. If someone is honest when I ask, "buddy I don't have one" or some kind of similar response, I ask, "are you a felon." If I get static or the bull**** shuffle, I won't move forward with the transaction. I have never had to stop a transaction. If it's the man, they will have me recorded asking, if not, I have satisfied me that I have complied with the law.

I like my rights and feel it offers some layer of protection to look at a Drivers License to see the face in front of me on something issued by the State. Now, will it break a deal if a person does not have a CWP, most of the time, not at all. If someone is honest when I ask, "buddy I don't have one" or some kind of similar response, I ask, "are you a felon." If I get static or the bull**** shuffle, I won't move forward with the transaction. I have never had to stop a transaction. If it's the man, they will have me recorded asking, if not, I have satisfied me that I have complied with the law.

The most reasonable and rational statement I have seen on this topic.

I get wanting to see state ID. But I don't even need a carry permit to buy at an FFL.

Long read on this one. It's not required by law to look at anything. Bottom line, if you want to see, ask, if you are not comfortable with it, say. I have buddies that will only sell to people they know with a full bill of sale. I also know folks I won't buy from at all and would tell others to steer clear of. I like my rights and feel it offers some layer of protection to look at a Drivers License to see the face in front of me on something issued by the State. The CWP tells me, that atleast when it was issued, the person did not have any disqualifications preventing them from owning a firearm. Now, will it break a deal if a person does not have a CWP, most of the time, not at all. If someone is honest when I ask, "buddy I don't have one" or some kind of similar response, I ask, "are you a felon." If I get static or the bull**** shuffle, I won't move forward with the transaction. I have never had to stop a transaction. If it's the man, they will have me recorded asking, if not, I have satisfied me that I have complied with the law.
Exactly what Ive been saying. Nothing is completely fool proof, but something is better than nothing at all.

I don't mind showing it. But I also know I'm not required to when dealing with an individual. Some folks are just like that. I do wanna make sure they're a ga resident but seeing their GA license plate is good enough for me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I remember I did a deal with BIKER13 BIKER13 and it was at a home depot around 730 at night. He didnt ask but I flashed my GWL and all that. I remember very specifically he said, "Son I can't see s**t out here anyhow." Hahaha. But I believe it is a courtesy. I try to flash mine before items are in hand. For me, it says a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom