• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DRW vs SRW

Check with some body shops, ask them how often they have to replace dually rear fenders. I see duallys every other day that has had the rear fenders damaged.
I run a 2500HD GMC to haul my Lance truck camper. When truck shopping I looked at duallys, but I also drive it to town without the camper on it, so I wanted it to be easy to park.

bumper.jpg

Look at all of the pros and cons of each. Figure out which one suits you the best and go with it. If you want a more comfortable ride, more stability and more towing power there if needed, then go with a dually. I have owned both over the years. I say go with a dually.

Gooseneck pull so much easier than a bumper pull. The DRW handles a load better, but isn't as easy to maneuver in tight spots as a SRW truck.

If all I did with a truck was pull a heavy trailer, I would have a DRW. As it is, heavy loading represents less than 5% of my use on my 3/4 ton, so the SRW does just fine.

Oh, and just try a 20' gooseneck and see how much you like it.

The issue with a gooseneck is I don't do primarily commercial deliveries. Most of my stops are residential which last week I had a stop in downtown Pittsburg and some of the streets I was on would have been physically impossible to maneuver with a gooseneck. If I ever work my way to a more primarily commercial customer base a gooseneck is a sure thing.

Check with some body shops, ask them how often they have to replace dually rear fenders. I see duallys every other day that has had the rear fenders damaged.
I run a 2500HD GMC to haul my Lance truck camper. When truck shopping I looked at duallys, but I also drive it to town without the camper on it, so I wanted it to be easy to park.

View attachment 1521441

This is actually one of the factors that I believe has swayed me to another F250. Every single day I see hot shot drivers with crushed fenders. These guys spend almost all of their time in these trucks and even with their driving abilities it's still extremely common to get into a predicament where the fenders get damaged. For the tight spots I work in I think the SRW is my best option.

Is the extra weight capacity going to trigger any DOT issues ?

Consult a professional regarding the new laws
You could need a DOT number on the side , which means logbooks , going into every weigh station , quarterly fuel tax filing , etc

Drove thru the GA/FL border on 75 the other night and the weigh station was stopping every 6 wheel truck that didn’t go into the station

Back
Top Bottom