• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

drying bulk brass post Stainless Tumble the easy way.

I have been using the oven drying method for years. I have multiple cookie sheets just for that purpose.

However most of the time I just let the cases sit on a towel and air dry. I have never needed brass immediately. So if it takes a few days no worries....

I air dry mine. My basement is relatively dry. Cases lying on a towel are dry within a day or two. Not worth the bother to add a drying method, if you have enough brass to cycle through.

I use Frankford Arsenal dryer. 1 hour for each 600 pieces of bottleneck brass or 2000 pistol brass. Same concept as food dehydrater. 168 degrees too temperature. Not sure what a dehydrater temp is.

I did not even know there was such as thing as a designated brass dryer - I called it an oven ;)

Talk about re-branding or re-purposing a food dehydrator. I love it - wish I would have thought of that.

I dried 350 rounds of 300 win mag brass and about 100 357 rounds in about 1/1/2 hours last night. Seems like faster drying time keeps spots off my brass after tumbling ss pins using 1/4 teaspoon of lemishine and 1 1/2 tablespoons of dawn. I'm never going to vibratory clean again. I hate cleaning primer pockets with a passion. I think I paid around $57.00 for dryer from Amazon and when I got it I saw the food dehydrater sat Home Depot for around $39.00. They both look the same to me. Six trays with heater and fan forcing down from the top.

Back
Top Bottom