• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

drying bulk brass post Stainless Tumble the easy way.

1498784625870947995906.jpg 2nd on the dehydrator. Bought 2 at yard sales and work great.

In summer I just spread them on a black towel on the deck. They dry without water spots. In winter they go in the oven for 30 minutes on 250.

There is no risk. They are perfectly clean.

2016-05-09 09.03.55.jpg
2018-01-17 13.02.39.jpg
2018-01-17 13.02.39.jpg

I laid 3000 rounds of 45 and 9mm on a towel under a ceiling fan for 2 days and bone dry - anything else seems like it would be too much trouble. Just keep enough to cycle at least 1000 rounds at a time. Other special rounds (41 mag, 270, 357mag) I'm never in a hurry for anyway since they are all hunting or SD rounds.

No moisture buildup in rifle cases if you let it get to 250 for 30 minutes
It boils away.
If you do leave then in too long something strange happens. They build up a brown oxide
250 is not hot enough to create a metulargical change but sone odd chemical process take place in my electric oven after a couple of hours. Maybe the heat accelerates oxidation of one of the alloys in brass

After SS tumbling, I use the "dry spin" method - after separating the pins in a rotary media separator, I leave the wet brass in the squirrel cage and throw in a dry towel. Then agitate the brass vigorously for 30 second or so. Repeat with a second dry towel.

This removes 99.9% of all moisture from the brasses. Simply leaving the brasses exposed to open air for 15 minutes completes the drying process.

No need for any ovens, dryers, blowers, etc - ever.....

Happy Tumbling -

Bayou

100% the best way to dry your brass

ive tried alot of different ways to streamline my reloading process. drying the brass in the oven is the hands down best way by far. 175 deg. i run em for 2-3 hrs just to be lock stock sure they are bone dry. i leave a spatula in the door so it stays barely cracked to let any humidity escape. i can fit 700 6.5x55 swede cases on the tray i have and the oven would easily hold 3 trays [wish i had 3 trays worth (: ]

YOU USE A WET OR DRY RUB?

Back
Top Bottom