dublin ga mall doesnt allow prayer

They have made the mistake of taking an "all or nothing" approach. I can understand them stopping people from actively trying to preach to shoppers, which is what caused this policy, but forbidding all prayer is over the top. On the other hand, if they allowed some prayer, but not all prayer, they would probably get sued by someone.

Oh well, that's America today.

someone can quietly sit there, close their eyes, and pray however they want. its the thought that counts, not the degree of public display.

same with christians honestly. i dont need someone saying grace for 5 minutes loudly next to me. anything loud and intrusive is showboating for lack of a better term and is obnoxious......and i can do me some obnoxious in return :)

I don't believe you, prove it! :boink:

They have made the mistake of taking an "all or nothing" approach. I can understand them stopping people from actively trying to preach to shoppers, which is what caused this policy, but forbidding all prayer is over the top. On the other hand, if they allowed some prayer, but not all prayer, they would probably get sued by someone.

Oh well, that's America today.
civil rights act of 1964 i guess

as a business or private group you should be allowed to serve or deny service to anyone for any reason. end of story.

#capitalism

A- for the same reasons i wouldnt want to hear someone publicly talk about how their nuts smell. i just dont care to hear it.
B- cool, good deal.
C- you would? interesting......

Haha okay, I fixed my typo. I guess I just don't see someone praying to be the same as talking about smelly nuts. But that's just me really.

I don't believe you, prove it! :boink:

my father taught me the snare technique

i was in a home depot once with him (i was 12 i think) and he was trying to get some help at the paint counter. the guy behind the counter was chatting up this other customer (who was a good looking young lady) and they were making eyes and talk with each other.

my father feeling ignored decided to take a more passive approach than usual. he just walked away from where he was, around the paint counter, and over to me in the aisle a bit further down (essentially making a giant U around the pain counter)

when he got to where i was standing he brought with him this unholy scent which i can only believe to be concentrated evil leaking out of him (we had burritos earlier).

of course my reaction was "why did you wait to do this here!". of course his reply is "ohh it must have followed me......now look over there at those two people son"

i look up at the paint counter at the perfect moment. the home depot worker and the lady he was hitting on both notice the crop dusting effort my father had laid out just moments before; and both thought the other had perpetrated said crime. ruined their day im sure and their chance at love

and thats why he was the best father ever

same with christians honestly. i dont need someone saying grace for 5 minutes loudly next to me. anything loud and intrusive is showboating for lack of a better term and is obnoxious......and i can do me some obnoxious in return :)

Well someone loudly/obnoxiously saying a prayer next to you for 5 minutes is different from what I was referring to. Although you weren't referring to my post, I just wanted to put my $0.02 in :) IMO if a couple of people are praying over their food, even if one person is doing the praying out loud but it's at a volume simply so the person across from them can hear the prayer and it's not done in a manner as if they are trying to intrude on other people's day, then I don't have a problem with it at all.

Bwahaha , good one CN...

to be perfectly clear and fair in this though, the story did say that group of women were praying in a circle, only loud enough for the people inside of the circle to hear. So this wasn't someone shouting hell, fire and brimstone at the tops of their lungs...trying to convert everyone. As far as saying a quick and quiet grace over food at the food court; I've never experienced anyone saying a blessing so loud that it would annoy anyone. Unless of course there was a large group of people gathered and one person was saying grace for the benefit of the group.

Last edited:
my father taught me the snare technique

i was in a home depot once with him (i was 12 i think) and he was trying to get some help at the paint counter. the guy behind the counter was chatting up this other customer (who was a good looking young lady) and they were making eyes and talk with each other.

my father feeling ignored decided to take a more passive approach than usual. he just walked away from where he was, around the paint counter, and over to me in the aisle a bit further down (essentially making a giant U around the pain counter)

when he got to where i was standing he brought with him this unholy scent which i can only believe to be concentrated evil leaking out of him (we had burritos earlier).

of course my reaction was "why did you wait to do this here!". of course his reply is "ohh it must have followed me......now look over there at those two people son"

i look up at the paint counter at the perfect moment. the home depot worker and the lady he was hitting on both notice the crop dusting effort my father had laid out just moments before; and both thought the other had perpetrated said crime. ruined their day im sure and their chance at love

and thats why he was the best father ever

Haha that's awesome!

Well someone loudly/obnoxiously saying a prayer next to you for 5 minutes is different from what I was referring to. Although you weren't referring to my post, I just wanted to put my $0.02 in :) IMO if a couple of people are praying over their food, even if one person is doing the praying out loud but it's at a volume simply so the person across from them can hear the prayer and it's not done in a manner as if they are trying to intrude on other people's day, then I don't have a problem with it at all.
if they can get it out and over with before it bothers me then i dont care.

besides its public, public is weird as far as other people are concerned. i just do my best to ignore something unless i see someone getting hurt in the near future

Back
Top Bottom