Dumb question about Loctite

I use clear nail polish. Works well. Probably not as strong as loc tite but I've never had a problem with it

Blue or red. Red is just harder to unscrew. Red doesn’t mean permanent. Even though it claims it. YouTube it an you’ll see what I mean.
The way a gunsmith explained it to me was, “Don’t use red loctite unless you want to use a blowtorch to get your front sight off.” Lol

If it's a 1911 and the screws you're about to glue are the grip screws, Make sure you have a perfectly fitting screwdriver to use to get those screws off later.

If you don't have a perfect slot head screwdriver, then consider replacing the screws themselves with something that uses a torx or a square drive. Those kind are less likely to get deformed when you put a ton of pressure on it later.

been using nail polish on gun screws since the 60's.DJD
Nail polish??? Hmmmmmmm…...
I've always suspected that you had some fetsihes.
As a matter of fact, I was looking at your fingers during the last M&G; I thought it looked like you a French manicure thingy going on :)

old coots giving advice.jpg

No mater what color you use, if you can get to it with a small propane torch, it turns back to liquid when heated up and the bolt or screw is easily removed when need be.
We use it all the time at work. Mainly blue

Back
Top Bottom