• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dune

yeah I figured there were still venues out there. My main consideration now is being able to add through Prime or Hulu......it appears you can't. I'm glad you got a plus-up surprise with your AT&T plan, though. :0)
With what they charge me after being a customer for over 25 years you think I'd get HBO Max and a reach-around...

It appears that HBO has sole rights for streaming at present and it's only showing on HBO Max. To make matters worse, HBO (and HBO Max) is no longer even available as a video channel on Amazon Prime, Roku, or Google Streaming (as I understand). Even the HBO supplement available on Hulu will NOT offer "Dune." Great thinking from HBO, if you ask me. :0(
They capitalize on a movie I never understood! Will try again

I liked the 1984 version, frankly. This new one's release previews haven't impressed me, really. My overall impression beyond all the updated techno-movie stuff is they went with "woke-represented" main characters that fit some kind of pre-established criteria that didn't have anything to do with actual entertainment.

It's weird, if you read the book you understood the movie (in 1984) but were pissed off about how many aspects of the book were treated in the film. If you'd never read the book, you watched the movie and thought "WTF is this all about?"

I liked the 1984 version, frankly. This new one's release previews haven't impressed me, really. My overall impression beyond all the updated techno-movie stuff is they went with "woke-represented" main characters that fit some kind of pre-established criteria that didn't have anything to do with actual entertainment.
There's "wokeness" in the new movie? Hard pass from me then.

One could argue that Frank Herbert was pushing an "environmentalist warning" in his books, but I didn't read them that way.

One could argue that Frank Herbert was pushing an "environmentalist warning" in his books, but I didn't read them that way.
It's what I call it.....lead(s) virtually unknown to me but check some kind of box (understandable because I'm an old fart). I guess all I can say is I'm not about to scramble out and find some HBO Max venue just to stream it. I can wait until the shine has gone off the apple, so to speak..

More like "ecological" (what it was called in the day, without all the liberal/communist BS of today's version).

More like "ecological" (what it was called in the day, without all the liberal/communist BS of today's version).
Imagine the corollary of a planet inhabited by Native Americans living off the bounty of the land and ecologically balancing their existence against an increasing imposition of outside sources ROBBING them of their environment while reverently respecting it.

That's Dune and the desert people and the entire GALAXY who've found that their "spice" fuels interstellar transportation, upon the entire galaxy's economic existence is based. Then add the liberal-fueled dreams of somehow 'making the entire galaxy pay for their deeds, and you have Dune.......

Imagine the corollary of a planet inhabited by Native Americans living off the bounty of the land and ecologically balancing their existence against an increasing imposition of outside sources ROBBING them of their environment while reverently respecting it.

That's Dune and the desert people and the entire GALAXY who've found that their "spice" fuels interstellar transportation, upon the entire galaxy's economic existence is based. Then add the liberal-fueled dreams of somehow 'making the entire galaxy pay for their deeds, and you have Dune.......
sure, except Paul Atreides becomes a god and rations spice. he becomes the ultimate despot...then other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom