• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

During shutdown ARMY was training for riot control. Ft. Hood Texas

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors during the shutdown. I guess it's pretty serious.

Your missing the point. 2006 ARMY manual. American civil unrest.
Would you fire on American citizens. I know that I would decline a unlawful order if I was still in.
I questioned orders when I was in if I felt was unconstitutional.

It would be a grave mistake if any military personnel followed a order to fire on american citizen.

Why would the DOD train for civil unrest? It's not like it ever happened before.

CIVIL005.jpg

Oh wait... I take that back.

Warning shots will not be fired?! Holy ****! I thought errant projectiles were Army SOP.

I won't say where it happened but one of the bases I was on had Patriot missiles. Well during a training exercise the Lt. in charge of firing accidently hit the fire button instead of just simulating. Which in turn shot off a missile. Luckily it was not armed at the time and landed safely in a farmers field. The host country was none to happy and refused to give it back for a few weeks.

From your perspective, yes.

Oh, and can we hustle up and get this thread over to the tinfoil seats?
This has been discussed on many different threads, current army doctrine says this about illegal or immoral orders: determine if an order is illegal or immoral, ask for clear and additional guidance, report the offender at a higher level of command, and disobey order.

Plus, the authority for title 10 federal forces to be used in a law enforcement manner or even to carry federal weapons into a state where an insurrection or invasion is, is prohibited under the posse comitatus act and the war powers act unless cleared by the secretary of defense. This also applies to the national guard federalized under title 10, which was the case of the school desegregation and LA Riots, where federal active duty of the 101st airborne was activated and the Guard placed under title 10. HOWEVER, national guard in service of the state governor is not bound by UCMJ or posse comitatus and can act as law enforcement because they are activated under title 32 not title 10.

Last edited:
I won't say where it happened but one of the bases I was on had Patriot missiles. Well during a training exercise the Lt. in charge of firing accidently hit the fire button instead of just simulating. Which in turn shot off a missile. Luckily it was not armed at the time and landed safely in a farmers field. The host country was none to happy and refused to give it back for a few weeks.

You gotta love 2nd Lts. ;)

Back
Top Bottom