• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Eastman Gun Show.

I really like the days at the Perry AG center (Eastman Shows) when you walked in for like 5 bucks and there was gun stuff EVERYWHERE! Very little copper bracelets/toys/stamps/emu oil etc. There were tons of deals to be had. Tables FULL of old milsurps, antique guns, tables of Contender stuff, reloading gear, bullet casting gear etc. There was an older gent there who had a table of old German war militaria that would rival most museums. He had EVERYTHING. Real cool old guy too.

Not everything. I bet I have something that he doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we are talking about the same guy, and I believe we could be, he still gets out and sets up at the shows occasionally. I saw him last year at the Cobb civic center and he has more WW2 stuff than ever. That was the first time I've seen him in years. I have been seeing him my whole life. Very nice guy. Crazy collection. He knows his stuff and is more than willing to share his expertise. I'll bet we're talking about the same guy. I'm guessing he's close to 80.

Sounds like the same guy. About the right age too. He had Nazi passports, underground French resistance stuff, old Walthers, daggers, armbands, yellow stars etc.etc.etc. He had EVERYTHING and would talk to you and was very friendly. He told me he started collecting when he was 10.

Reactions: MRH
I used to work gun shows years ago.

They gave me a table one time with a tazer salesman on one side of me and a knife sharpening guy with a big grinder on the other. About 5 minutes in to the first day I was wishing I had a big pair of shooting muffs!

They would always annoyingly "crackle" them at intervals ALLLLLLLL day!

ok
so i walked in today with 1k in cash,a witness p,a 357 Taurus, and a pump 410..
now i got low balled on the 357 by a guy 3 or 4 times. i just shrugged it off and kept going.
so i am in the parking lot with 1150 in cash, the witness, a jericho 941, a tricked out cmr30, a green burning laser,lunch payed for,and had a good time...
i think i may need to start doing gun show classes... does 200 bucks per lesson sound good???
never go in to make money, unless you are a dealer. the fact that you owned it does in fact de-value it...
these are fun or your job. if its fun,have it...if its your job,get a table.
another great time.
hope you guys enjoy the next one...i will.
later
Poop

Yeah but then I would’ve gotten kicked out and I wouldn’t have had the honor of meeting and shaking hands with three or four dozen Navy Seals, Green Berets and various other top secret spec op Rambos throughout the day.

There were 300 something buds/Seal's in Vietnam. I've meet all 30,000 of them.

Sounds like the same guy. About the right age too. He had Nazi passports, underground French resistance stuff, old Walthers, daggers, armbands, yellow stars etc.etc.etc. He had EVERYTHING and would talk to you and was very friendly. He told me he started collecting when he was 10.

Yep that's gotta be him. Very friendly and knowledgeable. He is very generous with his knowledge as well. His collection would make any serious collector overflow with envy! My Dad knows him a little bit, and I will ask him his name...I believe he lives somewhere in North Ga.

You know how they give you that crap to fill out at every Eastman's show? I told the guy no thanks and he kept insisting I take it and shoving it at me. I said very loud "No thank you." He still offered it to me and said I have to give everybody one, please take it. I talk loud anyway and everybody was looking so I took it. Somebody tries to explain about a door prize and I cut him off explaining how I do not want to win a .75 cent China knife. How about a firearm in the raffle? Some more people came around so I went in before I got thrown out. The Shrines did not hit me up which was good cause I was ready to put that door crap raffle in the bucket. This was a few years ago and now I take it and chunk it--first trash can and I hope they are looking.
I use those raffle forms to blot the ink dry where they stamp my hand. Then straight into the trash it goes.

Back
Top Bottom