Eastmans Guns Shows!!!

45coltcommander

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
23   0
Reaction score
What is the deal with eastmans gun shows lately! They are turning into crap. From my experience the gun show in dalton in normally (atleast the past few year) has been great! You walk in and GUNS, GUNS, and mor GUNS EVERYWHERE. Now you walk in and you have a few guns then just crap. You have people selling wrist bands and jewelry and other yard sale stuff. Maybe its just me but they dont seem to be like the use to be!

Last edited:
Don't you like wristbands, jewelry, coins, videos, beef jerky, bumper stickers and knife sharpeners? Oh wait, you probably figured you could get all that at the local flea, and save $8.00. I visited two local shops today and saw five times more black rifles and quality handguns (even bought one) at fair to market prices and I didn't drive 3 hours to see them or pay admission. I like a good gun show but the ones around here are a joke compared to other states I've lived in.

Matt Eastman is a grade A prick. I would rather burn my cash then give it to him.....

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=394114

This is a copy of a letter that George Mazzant (owner/operator of On the Square Guns in McDonough) sent to WSB in Atlanta among others. Its essentially the transcript of a phone conversation he had with Matt Eastman. He has the audio recording as well, and with a little more digging I might be able to come up with it.

Quote:
To: WSBTV News
October 30, 2008

For Immediate Release &#8211; Eastman Gun Shows are Rigged! The Georgia consumer looses in every way. Price Fixing by Largest Gun Show Promoter in Georgia! If you don’t sell for a higher price, you will be thrown out of the Show and not allowed to sell at a lower price than the other vendors.

To All Concerned Georgia and United States Citizens:

I received a voice mail message at 8:45 AM on October 29, 2008 from Mr. Matt Eastman, Promoter for the Eastman Gun Shows here in Georgia instructing me not to attend any more of his Gun Shows.

Here is a transcript of that call:

•George, this is Matt Eastman. Um, I wanted to tell you George that nobody is making money at my shows selling new in the box guns and I just cannot continue to have my regular dealers that I have been doing business with me for years to continue to loose money, therefore, I am not going to have any tables for you at the future shows. Um, this decision is final. Please do not call me up and argue with me. I’m not going to change my mind. I’m sorry. I hope you have success at RK. May God bless you? Bye bye.

The reason for Mr. Eastman NOT allowing On The Square Gun, Jewelry & Pawn to participate in the shows is due to the other three gun vendors conspiring to have On The Square raise their prices on guns or have them thrown out of the shows so as to not have any competition. Captive market, consumer pays $8.00 admission fee to the show with the impression that they are going to get their Best Deal on the purchase of a gun or accessory. The consumer looses in a very big way.

On The Square Gun, Jewelry & Pawn was banned from attending any future Eastman Gun Shows for selling their guns at a bargain and below what the other gun vendors at the show were selling their guns for. The savings to the consumer is typically $100.00 off their normal tagged price for that particular gun. The $100.00 off was offered on almost every gun we sell at the store in McDonough and at the shows. The consumer is being ripped off by a corrupt system which promotes the Eastman Gun Shows and dictates what you will sell a gun for. No competition allowed at these shows.

The Eastman Gun Show is promoted as the Largest Gun Show with the Best Deals.

i dont go to the shows for what the dealers have, i go for what the people bring in and if i have something to sell. with that being said, does whoever typed that letter up above know that loose and lose are two completely different words with very different meanings? i get the drift, but i mean spell check is pretty damn common now days.

dont edit my posts if you are not going to edit the one above me saying the EXACT same thing. thats bull crap.

eastman is a prick, i dont think you will find anyone who will argue otherwise.

Last edited:
The relationship between Eastman and georgiacarry.org (GCO) is one of the reasons I did not renew my GCO membership. For a free table at Eastman shows, GCO tacitly supports how Eastman does business - and this is wrong IMHO. Eastman is no friend of 2A or the gun owner - his goal is to squeeze every last penny out of prospective buyers. To ignore the common knowledge of Eastman's operations puts GCO in the same category to me...

NGIB, maybe a look at the bigger picture is in order. While I salute your ethics, I also feel that GCO is on a mission to reach ALL gun owners. If they must deal with Eastman to get that access, then the good outweighs the bad. In other words, they are not so much supporting Eastman and his tactics as they are using his venue to attract more members, which helps us ALL in the long run.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Back
Top Bottom