Eastmans Guns Shows!!!

I've never been expecting to get any kind of deal from the tabled dealers. I have purchased from individuals and maybe one rifle from a table of a private seller. I look at his shows the same way I look at those traveling Gypsy antique sellers that set up in Hotel ballrooms to hawk overpriced crap and Native American artifacts. Fun to look at, but not to buy.

I am not sure of the name of the dealer but not this past Marietta show but the Marietta show before there was a dealer there from Savannah and he had the best prices on everything and he was not there this last time. Was this Mission Essential? Its was a younger guy that owned it but his prices were by far cheaper than anyone's. If anyone knows who I am talking about please let me know if this was the same guy?

I also feel like a gunshow is like a scratch off ticket, sometimes they are good and you win and sometimes they are bad and u lose!! I got a good deal on three guns at this past Marietta show(one from Harvey Broome actually)and two from individuals. The Dalton show was just all jewelry junk and siding,LOL!!! Sometimes I buy from dealers even if I dont want to becasue I collect and sometimes they have what I want when nobody else does. There are a lot of people that dont care for Harvey but he has the best selection of Smiths than anyone else so I buy what I have to from him. I am not a fan or defending any of the dealers in anyway just to make that clear but I just buy whats available at fair prices. I would never go back if I got tossed out for decocking a handgun though or if they spoke down to me.

I will say that my experience, although limited to attending about 8 shows, has been good overall. I've never felt anything but welcomed at the door and do enjoy talking and visiting with associates and fellow collectors.

Personally I don't see any reason to attend a gun show (especially paying an entrance fee!) when we have such a fantastic resource like ODT here! Other than buying from an individual if I can save a few bucks, I'll support the local gun shops. Of course thankfully I have a few close by. Don't see much reason to pay, especially $8 per person, to get into a big room that is primarily full of gun dealers-which also had to pay to set up a table-when I can just go to my local dealer(s). I understand if people have their personal reasons to attend and am not trying to be derogatory to them, just not for me.

Back
Top Bottom