• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Easy Jig Gen 2 - Combined AR-15 and .308 80% Lower Jig

will4me

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Staff member
351   0
Reaction score
Ok so I just got this Jig a few days ago and got a chance to use it today.
It is the Easy Jig Gen 2 - Combined AR-15 and .308 80% Lower Jig and this thing rocks.
It is the best 80% AR jig I have used ever and best of all it does the AR15 and AR10 80% lowers.
These are the Stock images as I forgot to take pictures of opening my box.
GEN_2_BOX.jpg

GEN_2_JIG.jpg

Now I followed the instructions and here are some pictures as I was working on it.

More images will be loaded Below.

When I was done with the lowers they turned out freaking awesome (see pictures below)
This Jig allows you to load it and unload it with just unscrewing the Rear of the receiver then removing one screw and pulling 1 pin, you can change lowers in about 1.5 minutes.
When setting up the router just follow the instructions and it is easy peasy.
From start to finish taking my time it took about 2 hours to do one lower and the second one took about 1.5 hours.
You start by drilling one hole and adjusting the bit
until that section is done then pit a pin in and keep going till done with second section then put in the trigger jig in and adjust the router till done with the last section.
Then turn the jig on its side and drill the side holes as directed and you now have a working AR lower.

Pictures:
IMG_0606.JPG

IMG_0607.JPG

IMG_0608.JPG

IMG_0610.JPG

Thanks, I've been bouncing the pros & cons of finishing out 80% lowers for a while. Haven't thought about it since stripped lowers have been affordable & available.

Thanks, I've been bouncing the pros & cons of finishing out 80% lowers for a while. Haven't thought about it since stripped lowers have been affordable & available.

I like doing them and it is just something to occupy my time.
I buy the Lowers when on sale from 29.00 up to 45.00 (I like the anodized ones the best but they only go on sale once in a while).
I also have a Milling machine and can do them on that but I want to see how the folks advance the art of doing these with jigs.
The idea of doing them with routers is not new but this jig takes it to a new Level.
I am very pleased with the results of this jig and unlike other jigs I did not have to use tape on the sides to keep them from getting scratched.
That to me is a big plus.
If you have any questions hit me up in PM and I will answer as best I can.

Nice!

Looks like the top plate doesn't sit directly on the lower, so it won't get chewed up like the jig I've used in the past. Am I right about that?

Also, where are you getting your anodized lowers and will a Gen2 PMAG drop free from the magwell?

Back
Top Bottom