Econo-Can/Solvent Trap adapter

These solvent adapters are really just around for people to make unregistered, disposable suppressors(which is illegal). A lot like the old Mac 11 Coke bottle adapters of the 80's.

I've heard one on a 22 and it sounded fine. And no it wasn't mine and I wasn't the one shooting it.

Yea I'm not wasting the time, money or risking any chance of dancing in the grey areas. Just going to by a can and be done with it. Seems like the people producing the solvent trap are doing a big disservice to some that don't know any better. Even owing the trap seems like constructive intent.

When I first saw the videos of the Econo Can I thought it was a good idea. And it would have been if you could just head on down to Auto Zone and pick up half a dozen replacement filters. But the longer I watched the more I realized that this was NOT the case. Much like how I read up on wet cans or wipe cans years ago. They sucked because you could not keep extra wipes on hand to repack your can when the first ones were used up. The ATF guys consider those loose parts to be the same as another whole suppressor. And that is obviously the same way they look at filters for the Econo Can. But what if you have an Econo Can in your safe and legit oil filters in your garage for your vehicles? It seems to me that owning an Econo Can would mean that you could never again change your own oil without being in violation. It sounds silly but who knows for sure?

The oil filter becomes part of the silencer and can only be legally changed by a SOT manufacturer. There's one SOT seller out there who sells the filter and trap together and you can send it in and he will replace the filter when it needs serviced.

Hell of a waste of money. Buy once, cry once.

Back
Top Bottom