EGR delete HELP!!!!!

Definitely make sure all block off plates are installed and tune is updated accordingly. I deleted the egr on both VW Tdi's I've owned with only positive results.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I remember when EGR was one of the things to add to your engine to make it run better, cooler, better gas mileage. So what is the thinking behind deleting the EGR?

The EGR reduces emissions from the car. It reroutes some of the exhaust gases which are emitted by the engine into the combustion chambers. This effectively reduces temperatures in the combustion chambers.

The EGR valve is an important component in the exhaust gas recirculation process as it helps to prevent exhaust valves from overheating, which can accelerate their wear and tear.

I remember when EGR was one of the things to add to your engine to make it run better, cooler, better gas mileage. So what is the thinking behind deleting the EGR?

The EGR reduces emissions from the car. It reroutes some of the exhaust gases which are emitted by the engine into the combustion chambers.
Yes, very much like recycling some of the contents of your toilet, back onto your dinner plate. It may reduce emissions in a clinical test, but just the forced changes in diesel fuel in the last 10 years make the benifits of an EGR mute. My 2004 F250 diesel got 22-24 mpg on the freeway with no 2 diesel. Then they forced 500ppm low sulfur diesel on us and the mileage dropped to 20mpg...then came ultra low 15ppm, and I can barely make 17mpg. So I am burning 30% more fuel and fail to see any benefit from the EGR. It and the EGR cooler have so far cost me $4500 in repairs (failed 2x) and it is coming out of my truck this week at Powerstroke Specialties in Bufford.

Incidentally, what good is a 1gpm per flush toilet if you have to flush it 3 times to get the job done.

You don't have to run a tune with the delete. But you will have a check engine light. Did you check the connectors on the injectors? And are you getting any codes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom