• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Electric vehicle that is overdue.

Navy/ArmyVet

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
11   0
Reaction score

The ideal use for an electric motor. Torque on tracks.

1651591685771.png

The ideal use for an electric motor. Torque on tracks.

View attachment 4250320
I can see that working well especially in the compact/sub compact machines.

I could be a buyer if there is no change in performance and hydraulic pressure, I own a subcompact tractor and normally am only running it a couple of hours at a time, I average about 50 hrs a year. For that purpose an electric tractor would probably work perfectly.

I an sure they are aware of this, but they will have to make sure that there is equal weight in the front that replaces that diesel motor. Tractors are all about having enough weight in the right places.

I can't wait to see what Deere comes up with, I have their tractors and mowers, and if the performance is the same I would switch to save on maintenance cost.

Not financially viable unless running hundreds of hours a year or more. Battery replacement will be at least $1000 a year (7 year life expectancy) in 70-hp up tractors.. not including increased power bill.

Operators generally leave tractors & equipment in the field as driving a mile back and forth while towing bulky equipment isn’t feasible to refill... but having to charge back at home base seems time-wasteful.
Large tractors and combines that would create an issue for sure, not to mention having to charge multiple machines at the same time would cost a farmer a lot of money in installing charging stations.

Sub compact and Compacts would be the area I could see this working very well. Especially if they can get the battery replacement costs down.

Large tractors and combines that would create an issue for sure, not to mention having to charge multiple machines at the same time would cost a farmer a lot of money in installing charging stations.

Sub compact and Compacts would be the area I could see this working very well. Especially if they can get the battery replacement costs down.
Wait ‘til electric vehicles are all that are sold.
Then you can forget about replacement batteries cost going down.
I realize it’s different materials, but priced AA/AAA/C/D/9v lately?

Back
Top Bottom