• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wanting an older point ignition vehicle.

Seriously I wish I could find one of these.
They are out there, but so many have been customized and ruined.

1700797463747.png

I had an older ford courier truck….’83 (?) uses Mazda engine I think…. This would fit the bill
I had an old Mazda back in the day. Thing is the number 2 and 3 cylinders are too close together and mess up the head gasket. this is a known problem with them. Just sayin

Hmm, you want to keep it simple. I'd say a GM or Toyota. I doubt you would find a Toyota of that vintage very easy. So GM, simple and tough. You could have a EI distributor in it now and easily convert if needed later. Just have parts on hand. And parts should be easy to find now

I had an old Mazda back in the day. Thing is the number 2 and 3 cylinders are too close together and mess up the head gasket. this is a known problem with them. Just sayin
Mine was a Mazda B2000 but was badged a Ford Courier …..had the 2.0 (?) manual in it . I put like 200k miles on that thing, lol…..running around as a teenager.
Drove to school, movies, back n forth to Fla all the time, lake, just cruising as a kid ! Had a blast in that truck. Lol. Had it pretty well decked out too , for a teen. Man I got a lot of love in the back of that thing too !! It had a tonneau cover on it and was pretty well water resistant so I kept cushions and other comforts in the bed….lol.

Mine was a Mazda B2000 but was badged a Ford Courier …..had the 2.0 (?) manual in it . I put like 200k miles on that thing, lol…..running around as a teenager.
Drove to school, movies, back n forth to Fla all the time, lake, just cruising as a kid ! Had a blast in that truck. Lol. Had it pretty well decked out too , for a teen. Man I got a lot of love in the back of that thing too !! It had a tonneau cover on it and was pretty well water resistant so I kept cushions and other comforts in the bed….lol.
LOL, mine was a B2000 as well. I don't know how you got that many miles on it, mechanic I guess. It was a fair truck non the less. 135k is the most I ever saw on one of those, I guess till now. I went to an F150 from there and never looked back. At least as small trucks went. I did have a Nissan for a while. Then got a GMC 2500. Still have a Ford, but a F250. If I'd bought the Toyota instead of that Nissan, I'd probably still have it. But I like the GMC as well. Been driving it over 20yrs and the Ford almost 30

LOL, mine was a B2000 as well. I don't know how you got that many miles on it, mechanic I guess. It was a fair truck non the less. 135k is the most I ever saw on one of those, I guess till now. I went to an F150 from there and never looked back. At least as small trucks went. I did have a Nissan for a while. Then got a GMC 2500. Still have a Ford, but a F250. If I'd bought the Toyota instead of that Nissan, I'd probably still have it. But I like the GMC as well. Been driving it over 20yrs and the Ford almost 30
Yeah, I have been driving Silverados for a few decades now . I’m on the third one and still have the first … an ‘86 .

Just get extra electronic ign parts and have them not connected up , in dash or other area, and any impulse shouldn’t wipe them out as long as not connected to anything to take a charge . In other words just get older vehicle , get extra ign parts for distributor, put them in glove box in plastic case. Should be ok.
These parts you referenced need to be in faraday cage or bag. The electromagnetic pulse you referenced isn’t going to care if they are hooked up or not. The key is distance and protection. If the em pulse is close enough or strong enough any wiring can act as an antenna.

the old 7.3 idi diesel had a mechanical fuel pump and mechanical injectors. The in tank pumps may be subject to damage. The power wires act like an antenna.

this motor will eat anything with enough hydrocarbons. Used vegetable oil, transmission fluid, motor oil, jet-A, even fats and grease. You would need a way to clean this fluid.

The thing is to run your motor on these alternate fluids you need to preheat them to 170 f before introducing them to the combustion chamber. The heating if electronic can provide additional failure points.

For gas powered vehicles, gasoline is the lifeblood of our economy and there won’t be much around.

These parts you referenced need to be in faraday cage or bag. The electromagnetic pulse you referenced isn’t going to care if they are hooked up or not. The key is distance and protection. If the em pulse is close enough or strong enough any wiring can act as an antenna.

the old 7.3 idi diesel had a mechanical fuel pump and mechanical injectors. The in tank pumps may be subject to damage. The power wires act like an antenna.

this motor will eat anything with enough hydrocarbons. Used vegetable oil, transmission fluid, motor oil, jet-A, even fats and grease. You would need a way to clean this fluid.

The thing is to run your motor on these alternate fluids you need to preheat them to 170 f before introducing them to the combustion chamber. The heating if electronic can provide additional failure points.

For gas powered vehicles, gasoline is the lifeblood of our economy and there won’t be much around.
Just traded out of an old IDI dually. Way to heavy, and big, I’m thing daily driver with “what if” capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom