• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EMP 40, Ultra Compact or Kimber Ultra Carry....?

1jcwallace

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
113   0
Reaction score
I own .40 and .45 cal so I am not partial to either caliber..... I love them both. The EMP feels so darn good in my hand but have never shot a Defender size 1911 in .45. I hear great things about both Springfield and Kimber. The EMP is great looking but I am not a fan of Stainless. Nothing that cant be changed... My biggest hold up it the idea of buying a 1911 that is not chambered in .45. Is that weird :)? I need help.... What do you guys think?

Nothing weird to me. Both my 1911's are chambered in 9 MM. Just as good for defense and cheaper practice ammo.

Go with what you feel comfortable shooting and can put the most shots on target consistently. That is what counts.

All of them are good. Springfield is good... Kimber looks is the best. I never liked 1911, but when I saw the kimber line, I fell in love. If its a 1911, it would be a kimber. Plus they figured out their problems and if they didn't, they would make it up. I got a kimber ultra CDP ii. 1000 rounds and one ftf and it was so minor.

Back
Top Bottom