• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Empty house

We were in Panama City Beach for Thanksgiving one year and my FIL wanted to eat at Golden Corral.

We weren't there when it opened. When we got there you wouldn't believe the line and they thought the wait was over an hour. We found another place to eat.

Get there early if you don't want to have to wait.

I too would say Golden Coral with the expected wait. But, regardless of where you eat have a Happy Thanksgiving! My wife and I are now empty nesters too. Although we will be with family on that day, there's nothing that can take the place of spending such times with your spouse and children. Just be thankful they are healthy, safe and sound!

My youngest son and I are flying to Vegas for a few days so who knows where we will end up on Thursday. I am grilling a turkey for both boys and the girlfriend on Sunday. Enjoy your quiet time together.

Where ever you end up eating on Thanksgiving Day, please tip your server in cash and more generously than you normally would.

It's the first time we haven't had guests, kids... or a place to gather in 35 years.
Hoseas feed the hungry

Hoseas wasn't the place that I had in mind, that said my wife and I worked many feed the hungry dinners with our church over the years. Had the kids help some also. Gave them a unique perspective on Thanksgiving, they got to see both side on the deliveries. Some were in need and grateful, others were expectant and in no need.

Hoseas wasn't the place that I had in mind, that said my wife and I worked many feed the hungry dinners with our church over the years. Had the kids help some also. Gave them a unique perspective on Thanksgiving, they got to see both side on the deliveries. Some were in need and grateful, others were expectant and in no need.
Yep. My experience also. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom