• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

England...

First tell us what your interests are then I can be a bit more specific. However, London is one of the world's great cities, you can walk everywhere, many historical sites, museums, markets, art galleries, food, whatever you enjoy you can do in London.
The Lake District is beautiful.
Edinburgh is a must, as are the western Isles and the great glens.
SW England is beautiful, Devon, Somerset, Cornwall.
Listen there is so much to see and do give me a clue to what you enjoy and I'll give you some ideas.
PS Where are you staying mostly or have you transport?

You mentioned the upcoming trip at the M&G - have a GREAT time and take lots of pics!

Call your credit card company to let them know you will be travelling there so your card will work. If you exchange money do it at a local bank not at the airport.

Never been to London - because my wife had visited 3 times before we got married - but Paris is an AMAZING city! Eiffel Tower at night was indescribable.

Musee D'orsay > Louvre

Notre Dame was cool.

Just hanging out on sidewalk cafes drinking beer and watching folks walk by was cool in Paris. Didn't take one but a river boat tour w/dinner would be a cool thing.

If I think of anything else I'll post it up.

Once you get out of town it's the most beautiful place in the world

The car is not king
They don't bulldoze buildings to widen the roads and there is very little urban sprawl

Their zoning doesn't allow farms and countryside to be carved up and developers to cram six houses per acre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As has been mentioned, what sort of things interest you, and how long are you going to be there ?

I'm British, so happy to chip in if you have anything specific in mind, (ie interested in naval History, then Portsmouth and the 'Victory' are great, as is Greenwich), etc etc...

Has anyone been? Im leaving in 4 weeks to go and looking for any suggestions while out there!

I haven't been there since 1983.
Which part are you going to? Business or vacation?
[edited ]
Here's some of the places I've been.

London -
1. Windsor Castle
2. Tower of London
3. HMS Belfast
4. London Dungeon

Coventry, Midlands-
Coventry Cathedral
We got a tour of the City Council building that was pretty neat but mostly because my Mom was from there.

Warwick Castle
Stratford Upon Avon
York (especially if you dig Vikings)

Loch Ness and Urquhart Castle. If you get that far north.

Cornwall is awesome. There's something new there called "The Eden Project".
Tintagel is worth a visit if you are in good shape to climb up to the castle.
Lands End - you can't get any further south. :)

We drove through Exmoor once. It was nice. The coast line is beautiful.
We had the opportunity to go through Porlock and drive up Porlock Hill. It's a pretty steep hill. It's a little intense.

https://www.thedungeons.com/london/en/

All total, I have spent a month there (2 weeks on two different trips). It's beautiful country! I made the trip into London to see the sights one weekend, that was cool. Went to the original York one weekend (wanted to compare the original one it to New York) and Chester one weekend. If you are into history stuff you will love it there. Lots of cool old stuff to see. Have fun and be sure to get some proper fish & chips while you are there.

Take an unlocked cell and purchase a SIM with minutes and data when you get there. Having a phone to use for maps and info without having to depend on wi-fi is great. It will also help with the bus and train schedules and you can purchase additional minutes (top ups) and data in most markets (grocery stores).
Where are you going in England? It's actually not all that small :)

Back
Top Bottom