entry level ar-15

chucklenut

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
362   0
Reaction score
looking into ars, a buddy in my unit got a delton and i have found one for around 680 new. is delton a decent company? which ar brands should i stay away from?

Stay away from Hesse/Vulcan/blackthorne/whatever they are calling themselves these days. They are garbage.

Stay away from Spikes, the owner is a lying douchebag.

I personally would stay away from polymer receivers but I know some guys will swear by them.

Delton is great for the price built a few myself. I personally dont like DPMS or Olympic Arms. I stay away from those. Had 2 LPK from DPMS be out of spec and thats out of LPK ordered. Also a friend had a factory built DPMS that couldn't group at 50yrds and wouldn't work with the factory mag.

Delton's alright, but you can build a PSA for cheap and it is very high quality.

I've heard good things about Arrow arms in Macon,GA, apparently they share alot of the same components as Daniel defense

You could always use Classic City and do a SOTA upper($360ish) on a complete lower you can build one with his parts for $150(forged lower, Cmmg lpk, GMG stock kit). Or buy a spikes completed lower, usually $250-$275.

Colt, Smith and Wesson, Bushmaster, CMMG, Windom Arms, etc. all make entry level ARs at about $650-700 price range. Delton is not the quality of any of the above.

Delton is the Hi-Point of the AR world.Works just fine for the short term, and it would be a better choice than no gun. But if you can afford it then spend just a few more dollars.I have considered a. Delton build for a spare gun.

Last edited:
hmm thanks for the replies. i have heard bad things about dpms and oly arms before, but never to much press from delton

as for building my own, i thought about it and may still go that route. i figure it would still cost me about the same

hmm thanks for the replies. i have heard bad things about dpms and oly arms before, but never to much press from deltonas for building my own, i thought about it and may still go that route. i figure it would still cost me about the same
If you are going to build your own, go with PSA.

dont want an S&W ar. got to hold one and check it out a while back, i have no reasoning behind it but i was not a fan really

- - - Updated - - -

If you are going to build your own, go with PSA.

thats palmetto state? any sellers in the atlanta area? what would the price range run on their parts, like 100 bucks for a stripped lower and 3 and some change for a complete upper?

Back
Top Bottom