• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EOTech Failure at the worst time

I said this years ago, ours failed in Afghanistan and Its been AImpoints since
We run these all around the world, different gov agencies, and they held up pretty well. Its interesting to see how random the quality is.

I personally run trijicon or aimpoint to be on the safe side since i know theyre practically guaranteed to work.

***UPDATE***

Spoke with I believe his name was Mike at EOTech, I explained what had taken place and was extremely satisfied with the outcome. Mike advised he had seen this problem a handful of times before and went on to explain whom ever had hand laid the (forget part name) had done it improperly. Mike explained this part is usually the most durable part of the optic and that they have to actually physically break this piece during certain warranty repairs.

Mike asked me to send the optic in with a letter explaining what had taken place and during what condition the optic failed. He advised he would personally package any brand new EOTech optic of my choosing and send it to me free of charge.

Now I just have to decide which EOTech I want to try next. If anyone has any insight I am all ears.

Out of curiosity, what was blocking the view of your front sight?

The EOTech had been co witnessed with the flip up's, however what ever mirror/lens they used at the bottom had become dislodged and flipped upwards see pics. This piece was not transparent and blocked the entire viewing window of the optic making it impossible to see through.

The EOTech had been co witnessed with the flip up's, however what ever mirror/lens they used at the bottom had become dislodged and flipped upwards see pics. This piece was not transparent and blocked the entire viewing window of the optic making it impossible to see through.
That is no bueno...

EOTechs built after July 2016 are a completely different animal internally and QC wise. You will be happy with your new one. I would ask for the EXPS3-0 specifically since he gave you your choice.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

EOTechs built after July 2016 are a completely different animal internally and QC wise. You will be happy with your new one. I would ask for the EXPS3-0 specifically since he gave you your choice.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yep! That's the one I'd go with. Much better unit than your old 512.

Back
Top Bottom