• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EOTech Failure at the worst time

***UPDATE***

Spoke with I believe his name was Mike at EOTech, I explained what had taken place and was extremely satisfied with the outcome. Mike advised he had seen this problem a handful of times before and went on to explain whom ever had hand laid the (forget part name) had done it improperly. Mike explained this part is usually the most durable part of the optic and that they have to actually physically break this piece during certain warranty repairs.

Mike asked me to send the optic in with a letter explaining what had taken place and during what condition the optic failed. He advised he would personally package any brand new EOTech optic of my choosing and send it to me free of charge.

Now I just have to decide which EOTech I want to try next. If anyone has any insight I am all ears.
EXPS3-2

***UPDATE***

Spoke with I believe his name was Mike at EOTech, I explained what had taken place and was extremely satisfied with the outcome. Mike advised he had seen this problem a handful of times before and went on to explain whom ever had hand laid the (forget part name) had done it improperly. Mike explained this part is usually the most durable part of the optic and that they have to actually physically break this piece during certain warranty repairs.

Mike asked me to send the optic in with a letter explaining what had taken place and during what condition the optic failed. He advised he would personally package any brand new EOTech optic of my choosing and send it to me free of charge.

Now I just have to decide which EOTech I want to try next. If anyone has any insight I am all ears.

That's cool but honestly the least they should do.

We run these all around the world, different gov agencies, and they held up pretty well. Its interesting to see how random the quality is.

I personally run trijicon or aimpoint to be on the safe side since i know theyre practically guaranteed to work.

How is their quality random? you must not have heard of their recall? I had 31 out of 51 go bad in my unit and never trusted them again. Switched over to aimpoints and haven't had an issue in 8 years

***UPDATE***

Yeah ask them to send you an Aimpoint, LOL

Love my eotech. Only complaint about my 512 is energizers batteries seem to pop they're tops after firing a bit. I think they can't handle the recoil, or shift in their holder.

Glad to hear you didn't have to use the backup, and that you got a resolution.

OP, did you have to buy your own optic for PD use?

Yes, however they will also provide you with an older model bushmaster or rock river rifle if you want to use there issued rifle. All optics you must provide other than the factory irons that come one their provided weapons. Or you can use your own if it meets dept guidelines.

Back
Top Bottom