• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Eventually" sure seems to be taking a long time.

But most of the time he's lurking in the bathroom AT HOME while his car recharges in the garage. Then just the gay IC vehicle drivers are lurking in the men's room.

I don't own an EV at all, but I've done the math: For me, if I had an EV I would probably need to recharge away from home 5-6 times PER YEAR when on vacation trips. Instead today I spend 8-10 minutes PER WEEK gassing up. That breaks down to about the same amount of time per year, except if I had the EV and stopped on the way to vacation I could time it to have a meal while the car is charging.
Listen here you man bun wearing liberal. I've watched enough fox news to know China is gonna make me and Barb buy an EV and so they they can cancel my dish network. I'll keep my V8 thank you very much.

But most of the time he's lurking in the bathroom AT HOME while his car recharges in the garage. Then just the gay IC vehicle drivers are lurking in the men's room.

I don't own an EV at all, but I've done the math: For me, if I had an EV I would probably need to recharge away from home 5-6 times PER YEAR when on vacation trips. Instead today I spend 8-10 minutes PER WEEK gassing up. That breaks down to about the same amount of time per year, except if I had the EV and stopped on the way to vacation I could time it to have a meal while the car is charging.
On a trip, time not behind the wheel is lost time.
Stop to gas up, pee, grab a sandwich, back on the road. Not sitting twiddling your thumbs for an hour that you could be 70-80 miles farther down the road. All depends on your priorities, the length of your trip, and how quickly you need to get from point A to point B.

How can you not own a gas vehicle?
Voting Kamala Harris GIF by Joe Biden

The flaw in any argument against electric vehicles is in the idea that the flaws/problems/limitations/feasibility issues will prevent them being forced on you in the future.

ODT: The government isn't going to force me to drive a Tesla!

Elon Musk: Doesn't even advertise Tesla, they don't even have a marketing division. You pretty much have to get on a waiting list to get one. Tesla is by far the most pro freedom anti-woke car manufacturers out there.

ODT: The government isn't going to force me to drive a Tesla!

Elon Musk: Doesn't even advertise Tesla, they don't even have a marketing division. You pretty much have to get on a waiting list to get one. Tesla is by far the most pro freedom anti-woke car manufacturers out there.
"Force" may not be semantically right. I'm thinking of the long term, and the most likely scenario is that the government incrementally removes all options until an electric vehicle is the only transportation choice. Of course there will always be people that want them, but that's part of what makes it easier force over time.

"Force" may not be semantically right. I'm thinking of the long term, and the most likely scenario is that the government incrementally removes all options until an electric vehicle is the only transportation choice. Of course there will always be people that want them, but that's part of what makes it easier force over time.
This could be right, and I, for one, am totally opposed to government forcing anything on us. Let the market decide. That's pretty much been the Tesla stance; sure, they want to replace internal combustion engines, but they're focusing on making something people WANT to buy. I can respect that.

This is why I do NOT like: Seatbelt laws for adults. Mandatory airbags. Mandatory side impact air bags. Mandatory traction control. Mandatory anti-lock brakes. Mandatory tire pressure monitors. Mandatory anything; let the free market decide.

But don't reject potentially good technology just because the government likes it.

California has mandated, and Biden is requesting legislation that would out law all gasoline/fuel cars to be phased out by 2035.
I’d say “forced” is exactly semantically correct.

Back
Top Bottom