• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Eventually" sure seems to be taking a long time.

Fossil fuel news,

120 pumps… suck it, EV nerds.

Fossil fuel news,

120 pumps… suck it, EV nerds.
They'll have plenty of EV fast chargers too. The future is now old man.

x30d5ow0iw291.jpg

Yesterday on Newsmax I saw a story about a guy in NM who had just paid off a 2014 Infinity hybrid and then the dealer informed him it needed a battery. Not an EV...a damn hybrid. So the battery install wound up just under $20K . For a car worth just under $14K .
So since "Sustainable" has been a leftist buzz word for a good while now maybe someone can tell me how any of that is sustainable. Kinda like the Google headline from last week that said Ford and GM lose between $30k and $35K for every EV they roll out the door. So how long before EVs bankrupt the domestic auto makers?
I think you are up there near the power center these days. It is along the same line as drag queen story hour, network news, the Cia,, and no bible at school.
That should help.

Here's a guy who's driven one for 1.5 million kilometers, or 932,000 miles. Original battery pack lasted 180,000 miles and was replaced under warranty. He seems to be getting more than that out of the latter ones.

930,000 miles on a Tesla P85

I wonder how many manufacturers of IC powered vehicles would warranty an engine after 180,000 miles?
Tell that to the people driving a new Hundi that ran over a small object in the road. Car showed minimal damage but battery had to be replaced at $60k.
EVs are disposable vehicles. If the computer or battery goes out they are basically scrap.

Tell that to the people driving a new Hundi that ran over a small object in the road. Car showed minimal damage but battery had to be replaced at $60k.
EVs are disposable vehicles. If the computer or battery goes out they are basically scrap.
The lesson here is not "Don't buy an EV", it's "Don't by a Hyundai". And I do question the $60K replacement cost, since the most expensive battery replacement seems to be $23K in the higher performance vehicles - on part with a Cummins B6.7 diesel engine off eBay. Hyundai's run less than $3K - probably cheaper than an engine:

Electric Battery Replacement Costs

There's a few EV companies that wants to swap batteries instead of recharging them, so I'm pretty sure a new one certainly wouldn't cost $60K. And the swap could take less time than it takes to fill up an IC car:

5 Minute Battery Swap

To be fair, to make it happen there will have to be a standard battery design, which definitely isn't today.

Just trying to keep an open mind here. True, EVs are disposable vehicles; but then again, so are all cars. The engine in my friend's Subaru was consuming oil like crazy, so they (eventually) bought him out and scrapped it. If you kill a modern diesel in a truck you might find a replacement engine exceeds the value of the truck.

And it’ll look just like that picture. Maybe one lonely gay guy recharging his lame EV while he lurks in the men’s rest room.
But most of the time he's lurking in the bathroom AT HOME while his car recharges in the garage. Then just the gay IC vehicle drivers are lurking in the men's room.

I don't own an EV at all, but I've done the math: For me, if I had an EV I would probably need to recharge away from home 5-6 times PER YEAR when on vacation trips. Instead today I spend 8-10 minutes PER WEEK gassing up. That breaks down to about the same amount of time per year, except if I had the EV and stopped on the way to vacation I could time it to have a meal while the car is charging.

Back
Top Bottom