• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Eventually" sure seems to be taking a long time.

I don't own an EV due to cost, but be fair:

Everybody wants to talk about the extra stops that an EV may require on the annual long trip, but they ignore all the extra stops the IC powered vehicle has to make during the rest of the year. During the year when we're stopping for gas, the EV drivers are cruising past to charge at home.

They may even be thinking "Suck it, IC drivers."

Likewise when we're changing oil, belts, hoses, etc.

They do have their advantages.
I’ve always been a ‘worst case scenario’ kinda guy (see avatar).
Potential problems with EVs far outweigh advantages at this time.

Everybody wants to talk about the extra stops that an EV may require on the annual long trip, but they ignore all the extra stops the IC powered vehicle has to make during the rest of the year. During the year when we're stopping for gas, the EV drivers are cruising past to charge at home.

Screenshot_20231230_083308_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231230_083313_Chrome.jpg

I think it’s something you will never pay off.batteries designed to be replaced about time it’s payed off.
Here's a guy who's driven one for 1.5 million kilometers, or 932,000 miles. Original battery pack lasted 180,000 miles and was replaced under warranty. He seems to be getting more than that out of the latter ones.

930,000 miles on a Tesla P85

I wonder how many manufacturers of IC powered vehicles would warranty an engine after 180,000 miles?

Never been to one especially after a friend said ”Oh everybody stops and walks around Buc-ees.“ Don’t need to get an aggravated assault charge on my road trip.
My wife wanted to stop in Calhoun, she gets what she wants, so we stopped.
I went straight to the bathroom expecting to find her perusing the chinesium they sell.
To my wonderment she was waiting on me as I left the rest room and said “let’s get out of here”
I was soooo proud!

Here's a guy who's driven one for 1.5 million kilometers, or 932,000 miles. Original battery pack lasted 180,000 miles and was replaced under warranty. He seems to be getting more than that out of the latter ones.

930,000 miles on a Tesla P85

I wonder how many manufacturers of IC powered vehicles would warranty an engine after 180,000 miles?
Toyota is the only one I know. They did my wife's due to a possible defect, never had a problem. Still driving the car with @360K on it

I was at Airventure in Oshkosh, WI in July and a man from Colorado parked his Ford F-150 Lightning next to our camper. He had a slide in camper that ran off the truck battery and it was a really nice set up. After 3 days I saw him packing up (the airshow still had 4 days to go) and asked if he was leaving. He said he didn’t get the range he expected driving from CO and the charging stations were unreliable.

Now he was getting low on charge as the camper used more than he had anticipated so he needed to go find a charging station soon and he would need a full charge when he got back to CO because the mountains really dropped the range. I’ll stick with my F-150.
Doh! Sorry honey gotta go home early on our vacation b/c my EV F150 sucks ass.

at least I can change my oil and belts and coolant and filters.

Have you ever seen a Tesla when it needs service? Its all warning lights and computer messages, you cant do nothing about that in your driveway.

watch this:

Back
Top Bottom