• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EVs are NOT America's future!

This was several years ago. No issues finding charging stations though, one of the nice things about the Tesla is it finds them for you and will navigate/drive you right to them. The cars computer calculated the entire trip, told me where to stop and how long to charge for. It was a pleasant experience.

I see them at most truck stops and hotels now, seems like they have popped up everywhere. I wouldn't want to do it in the snow though. In warm weather my hybrid tops 60+ MPG on the highway, but in the dead of winter I run around 30 MPG on the same stretch of road.

I make the trip from GA to NM several times a year. In my Sonata Hybrid I can make the 2800 mile round trip on less than 50 gallons of gas. In my Superduty, I burn 200+ gallons of diesel. I much prefer the ride and comfort of the F350, but the Sonata pays for itself over and over and while it isn't as comfortable as a crew cab Superduty, it's far from uncomfortable.

My wife's car is a little ecoboost escape which after almost 3 years of ownership has just over 12k miles on it. I would replace it tomorrow with an EV if she would let me. Ideally, I would really like to replace it with a PHEV RAV4, but I am not willing to sit on a long waiting list for one.
We’ve been considering a RAV4 for years but she loves her Venza. Probably go RAV4 after she hits 500,000 miles? maybe lol?

I talked to a cybersecurity expert a while back and his statement was that virtually every vehicle produced after 2014 was hackable. Between gps/satellite radio/wifi/bluetooth tech installed and modern cars drive-by-wire tech, a hacker could in theory control everything from transmission to throttle to steering to braking. He said the chance was slim but still possible.
Yeah I was going to link some cases where that has happened, and there are quite a few, but they're all behind paywall tech sites so I didn't bother. But you're exactly right.

I drove a Tesla Model S from Cocco Beach Florida to Santa Fe New Mexico. I didn't really notice any difference time wise vs driving an ICE vehicle. All charge times were under 10 minutes other than the last one which was supposed to be 30. Didn't matter though since I charged overnight at the hotel.

As I have said many times before, I needed to stop more often for my bladder than anything else.
I appreciate good honest reviews like this. I see Model S's everywhere now, and wouldn't mind owning one myself. And my normal commutes I see charging stations everywhere. Hell even my rural Ingles grocery store has tthem now.

If you’ve ever driven a Tesla plaid, one mash on the accelerator will change your opinions immediately. Fastest darn thing I’ve ever driven and nothing even comes close. You can’t imagine how fast that car is and how smooth it is. Absolutely hands down an incredible vehicle and shows what EV’s are capable of. EV’s and hybrid technology are the future.

I bought my first Hybrid this year and the technology really has come along way. I get double the gas mileage from my last car and this car is actually faster and more fun to drive.

I’m really hoping for two things in the near future. 1) A fully autonomous self driving RV ( this will make retirement awesome! )

2) a hybrid that gets 50 MPG with Tesla like performance.

I don't trust people that continue to use Google.
But you trust liberal news sources like "The Atlantic" and "Business insider"

Both links you posted are from leftist sources. By opening and sharing their articles you're actually helping them raise revenue, which will undoubtedly be used to push leftist ideology.

Good job, you played yourself.

Back
Top Bottom