• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EVs are NOT America's future!

I completely agree. But outside of California, give me an example of the government being aggressive towards people to buy an EV?

No screenshots, in your own words explain what you mean
To be fair to all, the Biden administration just passed rules requiring 50% of all new cars sold to be electric by 2030. The actual EPA rule doesn't require the cars to be E.V., but automakers basically can't hit the target unless they are zero emission.

One of the enviro weenies being interviewed said the rules didn't go far enough. So I guess he's off to glue himself to a roadway or throw red paint on some art.

I like people to have the option of going E.V., and I think the technology is improving and may replace the majority of IC cars one day. But if they really do 50% by 2030 without MASSIVE infrastructure changes they'll just drive us into the dark ages.

To be fair to all, the Biden administration just passed rules requiring 50% of all new cars sold to be electric by 2030. The actual EPA rule doesn't require the cars to be E.V., but automakers basically can't hit the target unless they are zero emission.

One of the enviro weenies being interviewed said the rules didn't go far enough. So I guess he's off to glue himself to a roadway or throw red paint on some art.

I like people to have the option of going E.V., and I think the technology is improving and may replace the majority of IC cars one day. But if they really do 50% by 2030 without MASSIVE infrastructure changes they'll just drive us into the dark ages.
Definitely, but everything Biden has done is just political theater. It holds no real weight.

Well....let's put it this way....IF he's reelected, it will be 2028 when he's dun....2 years from the dead line....so, I'd have to say.....somebody out there will be feeding us some real BS to get 50% of the ODT'ers to buy electric....I will not be one, maybe you will???

Well....let's put it this way....IF he's reelected, it will be 2028 when he's dun....2 years from the dead line....so, I'd have to say.....somebody out there will be feeding us some real BS to get 50% of the ODT'ers to buy electric....I will not be one, maybe you will???
Not me, or at least not planning on it. But that was also buying anything new, which I haven't since 1996 - learned my lesson.

I'll settle for 20%. If I can force 20% of you to get an EV that'll be enough to swing GA into voting for Kamala in 2028

Have you considered the concept of ATTRITION? Maybe 50% doesnt need to buy electric, they will die off as part of Natural Attrition, and electrification goals will naturall be achieved..

Just saying

Power windows and door locks were the beginning of the end of the simple automobile (some might argue it was the advent of the electric starter).
Americans’ laziness knows no bounds.
Hell yeah brother. I love having to lean all the way across my front seat just to roll down the windor or unlock the passenger door. And man let me tell yah, getting out in those cold mornings to hand crank my car are what really makes me feel manly. And don't even get me started on that wussy air conditioning stuff or defrost in the winter.

I'll settle for 20%. If I can force 20% of you to get an EV that'll be enough to swing GA into voting for Kamala in 2028

Have you considered the concept of ATTRITION? Maybe 50% doesnt need to buy electric, they will die off as part of Natural Attrition, and electrification goals will naturall be achieved..

Just saying
Maybe democrats will die off at an accelerated rate, maybe then we won't even have to bother with EVs.

Back
Top Bottom