• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EVs are NOT America's future!

BETTER.jpg

All I know is my budget for a vehicle is $15,000 or less, so that rules out nearly every EV I'd wouldn't be seen dead in.

I'm not convinced they will ever be a sensible option for those working stiffs with families on a tight budget unless battery replacement costs tumble to a similar level as a junkyard engine.

I wouldn’t worry either way. If you like’em , get it. But I’ll be driving my classics. My kids and theirs probably will too. A can’t see a takeover when EV’s make up something like .3% of automobiles being driven (registered) .

I wouldn't know.

Seems like they can't make them fast enough to meet market demand. But according to ODT experts nobody wants them.
I think the American automakers have pretty much quit making them.. I saw the Chevrolet CEO on tv saying they were done. I’d look up how many are available to buy (or made) but posting proof is not acceptable here anymore it seems.

Tax payer funded tax credits ranging from $3,750 to $7,500 for purchases of new and used EVs tells me that there is no natural demand for new and used EVs, remove all of the tax credits and let the free market do it's thing.

Tax payer funded tax credits ranging from $3,750 to $7,500 for purchases of new and used EVs tells me that there is no natural demand for new and used EVs, remove all of the tax credits and let the free market do it's thing.
Again I say... I'm on EV # 6 and so far I have gotten $0 back on EV credits...
I could buy a new one, but the depreciation, like most new cars is HORRIBLE!
ev luv.gif
:)

All I know is my budget for a vehicle is $15,000 or less, so that rules out nearly every EV I'd wouldn't be seen dead in.

I'm not convinced they will ever be a sensible option for those working stiffs with families on a tight budget unless battery replacement costs tumble to a similar level as a junkyard engine.
Yeah, that's the kicker. Hard to beat a cheap older gasser with a easy to work on pushrod engine. Maintenance alone would kill me on some of these newer vehicles, much less an EV. I'm not taking **** to a mechanic unless it's bad. If I can't work on it in my driveway I can't afford it lol

Back
Top Bottom