• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EVs are NOT America's future!

I'd own a Tesla if I could afford one
See below
vanity possession
See above.

Seriously, the issues of range, charging, and the "forced mandates" are the killers.

I know a lot of, ahem, "health care professionals" that drive EVs. But if they travel any distance greater than a regular commute they all go ICE. They were able to afford the EV via the tax credit, and / or bought one for the image and "prestige".

A couple of years ago we were in Florida when a Hurricane was due to land in the Tampa area. The state enacted their emergency evacuation plan and flat out said something akin to: "If you are in an EV find a friend with an ICE to get you out. You will NOT make the evacuation in an EV".

Also, there are multiple examples of EVs being lined up at midnight in major (i.e. "big") cities to charge their batteries. This is like being told you have to drive your ICE car from Atl to L.A. but there are only a few gas stations open and the lines are long, so you'll need over 60 hours of Driving time instead of 30.

And, hey, Fatal_Bert Fatal_Bert , didn't we already cover the point that most of the electricity for these "clean" EVs is made via "dirty" power plants?

The current market says EVs suck. The .gov mandates are made to change the perception.

And, hey, Fatal_Bert Fatal_Bert , didn't we already cover the point that most of the electricity for these "clean" EVs is made via "dirty" power plants?

And? Show me once in this EV thread or the million others where I claimed or even remotely suggested that EV's are good or better for the environment? Or "Clean".

I couldn't care less about the environmental impact of what people choose drive.

But yes, EV's can be powered by coal (which is a great American power source) or nuclear, or wind, or solar, or hydro, or anything else that creates energy.

That's a good thing and major advantage of the EV motor.

And? Show me once in this EV thread or the million others where I claimed or even remotely suggested that EV's are good or better for the environment? Or "Clean".

I couldn't care less about the environmental impact of what people choose drive.

But yes, EV's can be powered by coal (which is a great American power source) or nuclear, or wind, or solar, or hydro, or anything else that creates energy.

That's a good thing and major advantage of the EV motor.
1. I'm not implying you necessarily said EVs are good for the environment, and
2. The environmental impact issue...

IS what the .gov is pushing to make people buy and use EVs. Multiple current studies have shown how horrible mining for EV battery material is. Chile is experiencing a change in their economy that, although providing a fast "easy money" boost, will most likely lead to devastating agricultural issues in the near future.

It is, again, the hypocrisy of the environmental leftists that say "EVs are good, go EV" all the while forgetting that EVs have to be powered by some other form of fuel.

Engines vs. Motors (please forgive and discount any NASCAR people talking about their "motors").

There have been "duel fuel" vehicles since I was a teen. In ante and post WW2 Germany there were innovative wood burning engines for cars. https://solar.lowtechmagazine.com/2010/01/wood-gas-vehicles-firewood-in-the-fuel-tank/

As a free-market society we should have the freedom to choose.

Biden is a fascist. Making people use any product is fascist and / or communist.

1. I'm not implying you necessarily said EVs are good for the environment

Then why tag me in the context that you did?

I don't give a rats ass about the politics behind EV's. This is the gear heads sub forum. It would be cool if people could talk about EV's without you guys who are obsessed with politics projecting leftist beliefs and failures on people who just think a Tesla is cool.

Problem solved
fusion-delorean-2797818919.jpg

Back
Top Bottom